Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Dodge Nitro: How to install window glass/window regulator/carrier plate

130K views 53 replies 12 participants last post by  rickaren 
#1 ·
I am in Mexico in a place where the mechanics massacre nice cars, so after crooks smashed my window glass to find nothing in the car... I bought new glass but the mechanism inside was already ruined. I need to install the glass only just to correct my blind spot right now.... (cardboard) I have removed everything and there seems to be no way to install the glass? Can someone help me? I am a Canadian girl in Mexico.... PS I will NEVER do this myself again... so no need to buy manual....

#2 ·
Welcome KCee:

I can post some info for you, on this. Is it the front right or left front? Since the window regulator is also damaged I guess, why not replace it too? If not will it hold your new replacement glass in place? Please reply and I will try and help & Good Luck!

#3 ·
Oh thank you

Hi thank you Rickaren....
yes the inside mechanism is gone, too, but it is so expensive here in Quintana Roo I will wait until I know someone is coming from Canada and they can bring it....
just for now I was thinking to replace the blind spot cardboard I have.... it is the back rear passenger seat window... does that make it the right hand side?
I thank you in advance as it is about to rain....
KCee

#4 ·
KCee

These vehicles do not service the window regulator and it is part of what is called a Carrier Plate. Hopefully you can install the new window glass even if the window regulator does not work or is in the down position. I suggest you print out all pages even if you don't have to remove or replace the window regulator/carrier plate for future reference.

Removing the trim panel and replacing window glass that has already been broken out could be doable, if you don't have to move the regulator it appears. If that doesn't work you should have some help to continue on, since it could be easy to get hurt, or break your replacement glass. Good Luck, again!

#5 ·
:( Got a message from KCee that she couldn't get the glass in position today. It looks like the plastic regulator is in the way. As you can see from the above, that requires some work to remove. Hopefully she can find someone that can help her with what I have posted to install the new glass.

I will also post instructions later in this Thread concerning front window glass that looks to be about the same as the rear doors that may help other Nitro members here.

#6 ·
Rear passenger window off track?

I have a 2007 Nitro and the rear passenger window went down but won't come back up. The motor runs but the window does not move. Tried pulling up on the window but it only went so far. I've removed the interior panel (now the window can be pulled all the way up). For the panel behind the interior panel I've removed 9 bolts but don't know what is still holding the panel in place.
How can I remove this panel and what will I find behind it? What will I need to do to correct the window once I have access to it?

#9 ·
REGULATOR. Right. REAR DOOR WINDOW. With Carrier Plate. .

Lidaor I don't believe these cables are serviced only as part of the whole rear door (right rear) # shown above. You may find a used unit and search for a replacement regulator "Online".

#10 ·
As mentioned, there are no serviceable parts in the window regulator. I have seen these on ebay. Search: dodge nitro mopar

:cool:

#11 ·
replaced both rear door inner panel assemblies

I had both rear widow regulators fail. The first r/r then a couple of months later the l/r. The upper pulley pulled thru the panel causing the window to fall. The last one we were at downtown Dinsey,FL. We came back to the car and the window was all the way down. lucky all our stuff was still there. I found dodgeparts.com to be reasonable (approx. $100 cheaper than our local dealer) It is serviced as an entire assembly. Fairly easy to replace. The front's are still original and still working ok.

#12 ·
2007 Nitro Rear window pully system

I just spent all day trying to fix my right rear window and in the process broke my left one as well. The pulley system came off it's tracks and I couldn't figure out how to get it back on any suggestions? My issue comes because there is to much tension for me to get it into it's groves.

I also need to replace the Inner Drum spool and wires on both sides now.

#13 ·
I just spent all day trying to fix my right rear window and in the process broke my left one as well. The pulley system came off it's tracks and I couldn't figure out how to get it back on any suggestions? My issue comes because there is to much tension for me to get it into it's groves.

I also need to replace the Inner Drum spool and wires on both sides now.
As you can see above no serviceable parts are available so sorry to say you must replace both REGULATORS With Carrier Plates. Not repairable as far as I know.

#14 · (Edited)
Passenger power window

I have a 2007 nitro 3.7L, the passenger window stopped working out of the blue. It is stuck part way down, (being in Canada it is starting to get cold in the vehicle and full of snow) when I touch the switch (driver or passenger) I hear nothing. The power locks still work on the door and I tried replacing the switch (both driver and passenger doors) it did not help. I do not have the window lock on. The only thing I have noticed is that under the passenger side dash I have heard a constant quite "ting" sound ticking since this started. Any ideas? :confused:

#15 ·
#16 ·
I have the 2007 Dodge Nitro as well and experienced a similar issue. However, the window system failure was proceeded by a loud "pop" in my case. The upper pulley on the window regulator system broke free from the window carrier.

The fix isn't that difficult because the window regulator system is integrated in the window carrier plate. I was able to remove and replace the carrier in about an hour. There might be a YouTube video on this as well.

#19 ·
2007 Dodge Nitro - Window Panel-Regulator Replacement

Published on Oct 17, 2015

Changing out the window panel for a 2007 Dodge Nitro. Once the window regulator breaks, the entire internal window panel needs to be replaced. One of dodges great designs., This is a cable pulley design; The window fits into a plastic slot the is control by the cables and pulleys built into the window panel....good luck !....
Note: The panel is about $180 bucks at the dodge dealership. Make sure you ask them if the take AAA..some do and you can get a 10% discount.

#20 ·
Help..Window hole doesn't line up with Window Regulator

Hi everyone, I tried to replace the rear left window regulator assembly in my 2008 Nitro yesterday but the hole in the window doesn't line up with the "tab" on the carrier (the white plastic piece that holds the bottom of the window) and I'm at a loss as to why not and would love to hear your input. Here's what I know:
1) I didn't replace the window. The broken window regulator assembly was OEM. The new one is OEM as well (mopar part # 68004823AA) and is supposed to be the correct part for a 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro per my dealer and few online parts dealers.
2) The window appears to still be in it's tracks on both the left and right sides, it moves smoothly and I can pull it up or down manually with no problems.
3) The newly installed OEM window regulator assembly lines up with the door frame on all 10 of the 10mm bolts
(I've also tried loosely installing only 1 bolt at the top and bottom but the hole and tab still don't line up)
4) The carrier doesn't seem to move left or right

Despite all of the above, the "tab" on the carrier that is supposed to go in the hole in the window doesn't line up (see attached picture showing the view through the viewing hole in the regulator assembly. As you can see, even if I move the window down more, it still won't line up). I went back to the dealership this morning but they didn't have another window regulator assembly for me to compare to see if maybe mine is out of spec. Thanks for any input you may have!!

Attachments

#21 ·
#22 ·
Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Uploaded on Jan 3, 2011

Here's this video we've put together to assist you in repairing your Jeep Liberty Window Regulator. The dealership will charge 100s to replace your regulator. But why replace something that's not broken--instead, replace only the window mount and save big bucks...it's a no-brainer! Enjoy.

Might be helpful for a Nitro too?

#24 ·
Good news, the problem was the construction of the regulator assembly. The dealership received a new one in tonight so I compared the first one to the new one and I could see that the new one was better aligned when looking at the carrier tab through the hole in the assembly. The new one installed easily. If you are going to try this install, look through the hole in the regulator assembly and see if the tab in the carrier is centered in relation to the hole. If it's way off center like my first one was, get a different one and save yourself a big headache.

#25 ·
Great News!

One always think that an original Mopar part could not defective or constructed wrong, but it can!

Years ago I was a Parts Manager and the Service Department was open late on Thursday. A body shop owner came in and purchased a water pump so he could deliver a repaired vehicle that night. He complained about the price of a new Chrysler water pump and really wanted a rebuilt one at a much lower price, but could not find one late at night. The new pump was in a cardboard box sealed with glue so he took in back to his shop, before opening it. He came back mad as hell just in time before we closed, and that new pump did not have an impeller!

We all have bought a new part that did not work or fit correctly and only figured it out after trying everything else.

Thanks for the update and glad you can now put that Nitro back together.

#27 ·

Published on Oct 17, 2015

Changing out the window panel for a 2007 Dodge Nitro. Once the window regulator breaks, the entire internal window panel needs to be replaced. One of dodges great designs., This is a cable pulley design; The window fits into a plastic slot the is control by the cables and pulleys built into the window panel....good luck !....
Note: The panel is about $180 bucks at the dodge dealership. Make sure you ask them if the take AAA..some do and you can get a 10% discount.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.