Heater issues - Dodge Nitro Forum

Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Cold Air Issue

07 Nitro R/t Only Issue I Have With Vehicle Is When Driving The Car And Blower Is On Heat There Is A Flow Of Cold Air In Center Console Drivers Side Hump Area And The Faster The Blower Speed Is The Colder It Gets Does Any One Else Have This Issue Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 06:09 AM

Why does a truck heater only blow cold air?

Why does a truck heater only blow cold air?
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-06-2011, 06:43 AM

If you are talking about your Nitro, Chrysler uses an electronic mixing valve, to control the temperature entering the cabin. There is a small electronic motor that moves this valve, via a plastic gear. Sometimes the motor fails, and sometimes the plastic gears can strip. If you turn your control valve from cold to hot, or hot to cold, and you hear clicking, the gears are probably stripped, not allowing the valve to mix. If you turn the heater fan down, you should be able to hear the motor - it should be on the passenger side, behind the glove box. At least, that is where it was on my Jeep. Good luck.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
If you are talking about your Nitro, Chrysler uses an electronic mixing valve, to control the temperature entering the cabin. There is a small electronic motor that moves this valve, via a plastic gear. Sometimes the motor fails, and sometimes the plastic gears can strip. If you turn your control valve from cold to hot, or hot to cold, and you hear clicking, the gears are probably stripped, not allowing the valve to mix. If you turn the heater fan down, you should be able to hear the motor - it should be on the passenger side, behind the glove box. At least, that is where it was on my Jeep. Good luck.
I totally agree here.. You see.. It looks like they are not allowing the valve here to mix to produce heat. Maybe there is something wrong on the chrysler.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-05-2012, 08:11 AM

Heater issues

hello i have a 2008 nitro r/t and the blower motor stops working at times. i have been working on this for a month and i have caught it when it stops and checked it. have no voltage to the blower motor, or the resister pack so i thought it was the hvac control unit and bought a new one but it does the same thing. now i have found out that the blower switch power plug on the rear of the hvac unit is loosing voltage. wiggled all the wires and thinking there is a loose connection but nothing happens. does anyone know where that power comes from or have a wiring diagram please. dont know if it comes from another module or the pdm under the hood or where. i looked for a relay but the only relay that says blower k8 and it says rear blower. that makes no sense to me because there is no rear blower...thanks

Last edited by darlaron; 06-09-2012 at 07:18 AM.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 08:20 PM

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to see that you joined under these circumstances. The blower motor is controlled by a resistor, and it seems to me that the resistor has a weak spot which may be causing an intermittant short.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 03:50 PM

Is it me or do the majority of nitro issues occur in 2008 models ?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 05:14 PM

2007 was the first model year and I would have thought that any bugs would have been worked out by 2008. That being said, I can't really answer your question.

post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnaveli View Post
Is it me or do the majority of nitro issues occur in 2008 models ?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App
From a Factory & Recall perspective it was 2007, Nitros first year in production had numerous problems, but it's best sales year by far. By 2008 most issues had been addressed in production but future sales had already been damaged with Recalls, Reviews, Word-of-Mouth, from its first year. As far as design faults they remained since no real changes were ever made from the first years model through the end (2011). For myself I am still pleased I ordered my 2007 R/T, but thanks to info here it received every recall and TSB I saw, by my Dealer all under warranty. As in most cases the final year of 2011 production must have been the best year to have purchased a trouble-free new Nitro!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2012, 03:02 PM

Funny you mention this, my blower fan just stopped working in hi. works okay at the other speeds. Is it the switch or this resistor you mention? are they computer controlled? another odd thing happened a couple of months ago. came out of home and popped the tailgate. the radio started playing...odd!!

John

Model: Nitro SXT 3.7L
Build date: Jan 07
Colour: Black
Mods: Projector Head Lamps, Bosch Platinum Plus spark plugs, Autozensations projector fog lamps with Landy chrome bezels. Custom undergrille, removed roof rails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.