Nitro Caliper Covers - Dodge Nitro Forum
Dodge Nitro Dodge Nitro

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension Bling? Offset? Dish? Get it all here.

Dodge-Nitro.com is the premier Dodge Nitro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb Nitro Caliper Covers

Quote:

I then added the red caliper covers by MGP.

I swapped out my 20" Chrome Clad "pimp" wheels for the Mopar Premium Painted (Black) Cast Aluminum Wheels, the ones that came standard on the 2011 Detonator an Shock. I like them because they have no lip. But, with out the lip, they are balanced with stick on paste weights, which I do not like!
LINK

After seeing these Nitro MGP Red Caliper Covers posted by dhh3 I had to have a set too! Ordered today from CarID (one of several Supporting Vendors of this Site) and will post pictures when installed with the stock factory R/T 20" wheels. While they may not be as outstanding as on the Mopar wheels of dhh3 I am looking forward to another modification on my Nitro!

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 113,000 sold)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

MGP® - Caliper Covers - 2007 Dodge Nitro Caliper Covers

Item Number: 1449259
4.5 (96 ratings)

Dodge Nitro R/T / SLT / SXT 2007-2008, Full Set (4) Caliper Covers by MGP®. Fits wheels 17" and larger. Upgrade the appearance of your calipers, reduce their operating temperature, and reduce the amount of brake dust on your wheels with these caliper covers. These quality, aerospace aluminum covers are the smart alternative to painting your calipers, and come in your choice of finish. Everything is included for an easy installation.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

CaliperCovers on Feb 9, 2012

Increase curb-side appeal, reduce brake dust, patented stainless steel fastening system, T-6061 aluminum, powder coated, TIG welded, 3 year warranty and Made in the USA! Over 600 vehicle applications available. Custom colors and engravings available!

Old 09-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Just as an FYI, they are very easy to install. There are 2 metal clips that just slip onto the caliper - the ones for the front calipers are different than the ones for the back calipers. Here are some pictures that I took - one set has the bolt on the clip, the other set has the bolt on the cover. It's been so long, that I can't remember which is which. There has to be about a business card thickness between the clip and the rotor. One of my rotors must have been slightly out of round because I heard a slight squeak for about 2 weeks! I could hear it when I put the windows down - it sounded like it was coming from the passenger side.

MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks dhh3 for the pictures and info!

Old 10-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Cool

Factory R/T Wheels

REAR Covers Installed

FRONT Covers Installed

Old 10-05-2012, 08:52 AM

Rick, those look great. I did not think that so much of the cover would be visible with the chrome clad wheels. Nice job, and good contrast with your white body color. Did you have any issues with fitment? My squeak went away after about 2 weeks! And, I still get a lot of compliments. I found some "SRT6" logos on ebay. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.........

MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

I too was surprised that they look as good and visible on these wheels. Thanks to your post another add-on to my already modified one-of-a-kind Nitro!

Old 10-06-2012, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post
I too was surprised that they look as good and visible on these wheels. Thanks to your post another add-on to my already modified one-of-a-kind Nitro!
Rick - This is the nice part - having a one-of-a kind vehicle, and getting nods of approval wherever I go. The Nitro was a great base vehicle to start this adventure. I'll keep looking, for us(!), and see what I can come up with!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 AM

well its looking very good. I like that color of cover but have you tried any other. Like there are many other but the blue and gray are the best colors. but white have its own look. Thanks for starting the thread. Good thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension