Oil Change - Dodge Nitro Forum
Dodge Nitro Dodge Nitro

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

Dodge-Nitro.com is the premier Dodge Nitro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 04:11 PM

Oil Change

Anyone figure out the secret to changing the oil filter on the 3.7? Took me 40 minutes to get the damn thing off.....very bad place to put the filter. Anyways, is there some easy way to get it done? I don't wanna have to pay someone to change my damn oil its ridiculous. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 PM

TTT, no one has ever done an oil change? Or no one has found an easy way to get that filter off?
Old 02-10-2008, 06:00 PM

oil change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k7blacknitro View Post
TTT, no one has ever done an oil change? Or no one has found an easy way to get that filter off?
What? We're supposed to change the oil???

Sorry, couldn't resist!

I have not personally changed the oil in years. Not only do I not have a place to do so, it's just too awkward, messy, etc, then you have to deal with the old oil ... can't just dump it in the ditch any more, y'know!

Old 02-13-2008, 08:45 PM

Sorry, I have the 4.0 and it could not be simpler. The oil filter is right next to the drain plug.

2007 Nitro R/T, Chrome Bug Deflector , In Channel Vent Guards, Stainless Bull Bar and Nerf Bars.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsallan View Post
Sorry, I have the 4.0 and it could not be simpler. The oil filter is right next to the drain plug.
thanks. anyone with a 3.7?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Ayukawa Send a message via AIM to Ayukawa Send a message via MSN to Ayukawa
Having the same problem. Just went to change my oil and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to replace the filter.
Old 02-19-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayukawa View Post
Having the same problem. Just went to change my oil and couldn't for the life of me figure out how to replace the filter.
I went up through the front with a filter wrench through a VERY small hole in the driver's side front just behind the bumper in front of the motor. Make sure you use one of the frams with the sure grip on the filter that way you can leave it just hand tight and pull it off by hand the next time. Easiest way I have found but there has to be an easier way....
Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayukawa View Post
used to have the same problem too. it always tooked me an hour everytime i changed my oil. i got pissed of all the time. i had to buy and change my Dodge oil filter. Now, it is easier for me to change oil.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexx_32 View Post
used to have the same problem too. it always tooked me an hour everytime i changed my oil. i got pissed of all the time. i had to buy and change my Dodge oil filter. Now, it is easier for me to change oil.
Care explaining how?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:03 PM

Change oil 3.7L 2008 Dodge Nitro

You can access the oil filter easily from underneath next to the front, driver-side wheel at the front of the engine. There is clear access to the filter there. Same location as the 4.7L engine on the Dodge Dakota.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion