water leak from rain ( inside ) - Dodge Nitro Forum
Dodge Nitro Dodge Nitro

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Dodge Nitro - if it doesnt fit in a more specific section, use this.

Dodge-Nitro.com is the premier Dodge Nitro Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 07:15 PM

water leak from rain ( inside )

just put my 2010 nitro into the dealer shop due to water getting inside on front driver side, has anyone else having this problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 04:54 PM

Not on the Nitro, but a Ford Sierra Estate Car (station wagon) in the UK. The local Ford dealer took a rubber mallet and adjusted the door seal.
As an aside, I also had a water flooded spare wheel under the rear deck and a rear wiper that parked halfway across the rear window. the Service Manager was the cousin of a friend of mine and I spoke with him about this. His comment was that AT FORD, YOU ARE QUALITY CONTROL. So much for "JOB 1". Also, a few years ago I did some contract work at the Rouge River plant in Detroit, and the manager I dealt with told me that he only bought a Ford because he got a good deal on it.

Last edited by jhnhopkins; 02-09-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:38 AM

Unhappy Major water leak on passenger side floor

When it rains the passenger side of my 2008 Nitro RT gets soaked...apparently rain gets through the roof and down onto the floor. ?! The driver side also gets wet. Anyone else having this problem? MM
Old 11-04-2012, 08:27 AM

Do you have a sunroof?

MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 AM

Sunroof? Yes, I do. :(

Yes, I've got a sunroof
Old 11-04-2012, 09:53 AM

More than likely, the sun roof drains are clogged. There is a trough that runs around the perimeter of the sunroof opening, where the water is supposed to collect. At each corner is a drain tube. Make sure that the trough is clear of any debris (leaves, pine needles, etc). Then pour hot water down each hole to see if any of the tubes are clogged. If they drain slow, use can use air or water pressure to clean them out, but be careful not to use too much pressure, as you can dislodge the drain tubes from the trough. The front tubes run down the "A" pillars and drain behind the front wheels. The rear drains run down the "C" pillars and drain in front of the rear wheels. If the trough is clogged, it overflows and usually ends up on the front passenger side foot well. Hope this helps you.

MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:45 PM

THANK YOU very much

Thank you so much... that is really nice of you. I'll give it a look. MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
More than likely, the sun roof drains are clogged. There is a trough that runs around the perimeter of the sunroof opening, where the water is supposed to collect. At each corner is a drain tube. Make sure that the trough is clear of any debris (leaves, pine needles, etc). Then pour hot water down each hole to see if any of the tubes are clogged. If they drain slow, use can use air or water pressure to clean them out, but be careful not to use too much pressure, as you can dislodge the drain tubes from the trough. The front tubes run down the "A" pillars and drain behind the front wheels. The rear drains run down the "C" pillars and drain in front of the rear wheels. If the trough is clogged, it overflows and usually ends up on the front passenger side foot well. Hope this helps you.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM

No need to thank me. That's what these forums are all about - fellow Nitro owners helping each other out. Let us know what you find, and how you make out.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Exclamation Leaves Clogging the Intakes Under the Hood

Nitro owners:

So, I took it in and they diagnosed the problem: LEAVES CLOGGING THE INTAKE conduits, or whatever they're called, by the pollen filter... they unscrewed a panel right under the wipers and pulled out a bunch of leaves... the conduits up by the sunroof might be clogged too, I don't know, but this was the main problem.

So... if you park your car on a tree-lined street, beware of the leaves clogging your intakes!

MM
Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundomadrid View Post
Nitro owners:

So, I took it in and they diagnosed the problem: LEAVES CLOGGING THE INTAKE conduits, or whatever they're called, by the pollen filter... they unscrewed a panel right under the wipers and pulled out a bunch of leaves... the conduits up by the sunroof might be clogged too, I don't know, but this was the main problem.

So... if you park your car on a tree-lined street, beware of the leaves clogging your intakes!

MM
I am not sure how leaves on the outside allowed water to get on the inside!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > General Discussion