Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Performance Parts

26K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  SuperVillan 
#1 ·
any1 know of any performance parts for a SLT 4X4 3.7L Nitro ???

let me know,
- Dave

#2 ·
Here we go, ASP makes an underdrive. Pulley, the fastman makes a t/b, CGS makes a catback exhaust, Gibson was to release one yesterday, Flowmaster,Magnaflow & Aero Turbine all have mufflers, CGS has the only intake to date, homemade intake is an option, Jet has a stage 1 chip. MSD has an ignition that will work & the fastman & KRC both have cams. STS said they can make a turbo but it is quite spendy. Thats about all I can come up with right off hand.

#3 ·
There are tons of intakes on Ebay for the 3.7 in Libertys & Dakotas. Prices range from $8 - $300 and some even include real K&N air cleaners for around $50 - $75. I'm sure the $8 ones are junk & the $300 ones overpriced. Somewhere in the middle is going to be worthwhile.

#9 ·
Ok so there are some performance parts for the 3.7 L right, but are there any for the 4.0 RT??? ive been looking online for any performance mod, i bought my RT 4x2 3 weeks ago, and i still havnt seen any performance parts, is there another vehicle that has the same engine?

#10 ·
Quality matters more. Anyone can load up their car with random parts which will flood ebay. Its about what matters most to you. Do you want a horde of poorly made, unreliable parts or would you rather spend the extra few dollars and go with a tried and true company which produces long lasting parts? Its the same with golf. No one buys an $800-1200 driver and then drops in a $50 shaft. Instead they want their new toy to have the best and go with a shaft anywhere from $300-1800 instead, but thats a whole other forum...

#12 ·
Finch,

I've asked around on this one because I too am interested in some alteza (sp) type tail lights and as far as I know there is nothing made yet. If you've ever taken yours off, the nitro has a little bar that holds the three tail light bulbs together, so any modification will have to fit that.

#13 ·
CentralOregonNitro said:
If the nitro and the Liberty have the same engine it should be possible to get a Liberty intake. But I am not sure that the Liberty has a MAF sensor though. Looked at the intakes on the net and didn't see any MAF sensor adapters on them.
you will have to cut the liberty intake to make it work like I did. the manifold opening on the nitro is not in the same place as the liberty. Also you will have to drill a hole in the intake tube for the maf sensor. overall it works nicely and looks good you just gotta be handy with a hacksaw and drill.:)

#17 ·
KenCary said:
I just found out that Eastway Dodge, is now working o a group buy for a direct fit JBA headers for the 3.7L.

They still need one more person to sign on before they go ahead. I looked at the price and it is a good one.

I don't know of the website for them, but you can e-mail to adam@eastswaydodge.com. Or try Googling them.

Ken
I found the website for Eastway Dodge: http://www.fivestardealers.ca/eastway/

They are in Canada, but will take orders from the US.

#18 ·
is turbo a possibility?

i havent recieved my nitro yet so i cant be sure but many people have stated that the 3.7ltr engine from the nitro is the same as the jeep liberty and the only available petrol option here in aus, what i was wondering was if this is the case do any companies make a turbo kit for the liberty. Surely they would be able to adapt it to the nitro if they are the same engine. I know one company did but they stopped making them a while ago.

#20 ·
gregg@bwoodyperformance said:
we have become a vendor on these forums and would like to start making parts for you. we have sway bar links and a cold air intake for the 4.0, but we are working on one for the 3.7 we also carry upgraded sway bar links for the nitros

thanks

Those swaybar links look damn good. I'll be saving my pennies for them for my R/T which should be here in 2 weeks. :D

#23 ·
ASP Pulley
LX model (Charger and Magnum) exhaust manifolds
JBA even makes headers for the LX models.
3.89 gears from a dodge intrepid SE with 2.7L ( will give final gear ratio 3.89)
Throttle body bore job
Convert the intake system to use the older prowler intake system and get the throttle body bored from 68mm to 70mm, holley makes a plate for the 70mm setup.
If you got deep pockets there is the Prowler Pro super charger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.