5 year drivetrain warranty inspection - Dodge Nitro Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs down 5 year drivetrain warranty inspection

Do not forget to get your drivetrain warranty inspection at the 5 year anniversary. Even if you remember it, Dodge will screw you. 95,000 miles on my 09 nitro. Transmission pan started leaking. Dealer says it is not covered - warranty book specifically states " Transmission - oil pan" as covered. This has been the most ridiculous and unbelievable experience of my life. This car was trouble free for years. The dealer stated Dodge will not warrant it, while Dodge Customer Service talks to the dealer and asks the dealer what they think. Total scam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 10:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiappointedNitroOwner View Post
Do not forget to get your drivetrain warranty inspection at the 5 year anniversary. Even if you remember it, Dodge will screw you. 95,000 miles on my 09 nitro. Transmission pan started leaking. Dealer says it is not covered - warranty book specifically states " Transmission - oil pan" as covered. This has been the most ridiculous and unbelievable experience of my life. This car was trouble free for years. The dealer stated Dodge will not warrant it, while Dodge Customer Service talks to the dealer and asks the dealer what they think. Total scam.
I would not give up hope yet but if it is just a gasket I could see that might not be covered as a wearable part. It is not the oil pan that has failed just the gasket that should have been replaced at 60K under regular required service. Right? How much are you talking to replace a leaking gasket or is it really an oil pan? Did the oil pan get damaged? Must be more to the denial?
Let us know the final results and Good Luck!

P.S Welcome to our Forum

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

The transmission pan paint has bubbled and rusted along the back vertical part enough to leak fluid. Spots on the driveway alerted me. I took it in for the 5 year powertrain warranty inspection ( within the allotted 60 days )- the dealer and Dodge both said not covered as it is a replacement part. THE TRANSMISSION PAN A SERVICE PART??? The transmission pan has rusted thru - I say defect in materials and workmanship. The warranty book explicitly notes "Transmission - oil pan" covered. Customer Service is a total joke. To make matters worse - there is no way to add tranny fluid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in