Accelerate Quickly, Traction Control, Stutter/Jerk - Dodge Nitro Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Accelerate Quickly, Traction Control, Stutter/Jerk

Hello,

I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro and have a recurring issue.

I will be driving normally, and when I need to accelerate to merge or onto highway speed I get past 3000RPMS and the car will kick out, stutter, traction light comes on. when I take my foot of the gas the car pulls to a slow, and shakes/jerks. When I hit the gas the car barely accelerates.

They've cleared the codes, cleaned the battery posts - said it was very corroded, cleaned up and fixed gas cap, checked the evap system. None of this helped the Nitro.

Anyone know what is causing this? I feel like the auto shift is broken, or the RPM is damaged.

Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquie_Elle View Post
Hello,

I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro and have a recurring issue.

I will be driving normally, and when I need to accelerate to merge or onto highway speed I get past 3000RPMS and the car will kick out, stutter, traction light comes on. when I take my foot of the gas the car pulls to a slow, and shakes/jerks. When I hit the gas the car barely accelerates.

They've cleared the codes, cleaned the battery posts - said it was very corroded, cleaned up and fixed gas cap, checked the evap system. None of this helped the Nitro.

Anyone know what is causing this? I feel like the auto shift is broken, or the RPM is damaged.

Help!
Welcome!

So what codes are shown?

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Just thought, how about the fuel? Could you have water in the gas? Could you have bad gas? Could you have used the wrong gas?

Any chance this could be the issue. Let us know and good luck!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in