Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Blower Motor Replacement / module / resistor problem

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  rickaren 
#1 ·
This my first post ever so bear with me. My story started about 2wks ago. The resistor when bad. Zero movement on the fan motor. After research I figured it was the resistor and once it was installed it you for about day or less. the part shop where I bought told me bring it back for a new one. I installed it worked well for a week. today my wife had trouble starting the nitro and when it started the blower mother had I spread hyper fast on all setting to include off. Any ideas what could be taking out my module?

#2 ·
Welcome odonnellbk

Don't really know myself but could the fan motor be the cause? Starting issues can always be a sign of a poor battery that needs to be replaced. What year Nitro do you have? Original battery?

Maybe someone else can help? Hope we can help solve your issue(s).

#3 ·
Its a 2010. Original battery is in it, I have had no other indication that the battery is week. I will test it tomorrow. don't believe that will be the issue. Is there a way to bypass the hole thing and go old school on it. thanks for any help you can give me. I just hate to drop $75 on a service call and to buy a few parts that cost 100 each and then turn around and pay labor. I am positive I can do it just need to be pointed in the right direction.

#4 ·
I checked the battery and it held around 12.3 when not under a load. 1st try with a load it dropped 11.5 and rebounded to 14 area when vehicle was running. On the second try. No load it was at 12.3 but this time it didn't start the vehicle right away when it was started. It then fell below 11.3 and it started. The alternator kicked in and went up to 14.5. Again. Please advise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Dodge Nitro - FRONT BLOWER MOTOR REPLACEMENT / REMOVAL (2007 - 2012)

Mar 28, 2022

Step-by-step guide on how to remove, replace and test front blower motor on Dodge Nitro SUV. (2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | SLT | R/T | LIMITED | SXT ). Blower motor will eventually fail on every vehicle. Before it fails it will typically start making buzzing or high pitched noise. In this video I will show process of replacing front blower motor on Dodge Nitro. Blower motor is located on the passenger side under the glove box. To access it first you will have to remove cloth cover which is held by two plastic fasteners. To remove the old blower motor unscrew three mounting screws (torx T20) and unplug the wire connector. Install the new blower motor in its place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.