Dodge Nitro: Auto Trans Issues (threads merged) - Page 2 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 164 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 07:36 PM

Re: trans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmatrixxx
auto trans
any one noticed a whine from trans on 1st and second gear
yes i have had mine now for 3 weeks,same problem, there is a fix out for this , just got mine fixed,if u call dealership and give them these #'s they will fix it under warranty= tsb#18-037-06,
there is also a problem with some having thottle body leak the tsb# for this is 09-009-06, they fixed mine no problem they didnt know about them yet ,trans much better,smoother shifting to.

one thing i am having a problem with is engine surging under light throttle currious if u are having that problem?

thanks,bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 164 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 08:57 PM

I think I may be having the same problem. When driving on highway, it feels like the Nitro is jerking back and forth even though I'm at a steady speed and the tach isn't serging.

At first I thought the road was rough and I'm not use to the solid rear axle feel of driving.
post #13 of 164 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 11:50 PM

Yes that is part of my problem as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoormannn
yes i have had mine now for 3 weeks,same problem, there is a fix out for this , just got mine fixed,if u call dealership and give them these #'s they will fix it under warranty= tsb#18-037-06,
there is also a problem with some having thottle body leak the tsb# for this is 09-009-06, they fixed mine no problem they didnt know about them yet ,trans much better,smoother shifting to.

one thing i am having a problem with is engine surging under light throttle currious if u are having that problem?

thanks,bill

post #14 of 164 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 11:58 PM

Re: Auto Trans Issues (threads merged)

You know, all this trans quirkiness makes me wonder [well not surprised though, the way so many Companies just want to hurry up and get a product out to market and worry about fixes later] about DCX [ besides others] ! I thought new cars/concepts were thoroughly tested..gruelling tests??? I've heard for example that Subaru or is it Toyota...like test a vehicle for I believe a huge amount of miles {worth [maybe a million miles] } to really see what works or what brakes and work out defects and other things ?? ???

Last edited by Ragamuffin; 11-30-2006 at 12:01 AM.
post #15 of 164 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 06:53 PM

Re: Auto Trans Issues (threads merged)

yes i have noticed this if i let off the brake in drive and idle its jerky,thanks for the tsb #s
post #16 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 08:40 AM

Question Transmission Problem?

My husband thinks I am crazy but I drive this car more and have noticed some things with my Nitro that bother me.
1) Sometimes it feels like the car is studdering, like it kind of jerks a little like it is running out of gas. It only does it once in a while and the car is warm when it does it.
2) The dang turn signals stick! You can put the left blinker on, turn the corner and the lever goes back to the center spot but the blinker keeps blinking, so you try to turn the right one on, move the lever back to the center spot and the right one keeps blinking! Weirdest thing!

Of course I took it back to the dealership last week and the guy in the service department got in and went for a ride with me, would the car act up? NO! So we set up a service call for it to drop it off and get a loaner for the day and we cancled it because now it does not do it!

oh! and
3) PLEASE let your car warm up in the winter time with the nitro before you drive it! I failed to do so one morning and it took me over a half of a block to come to a complete stop because the brakes were very stiff! Scared the poop out of me!
post #17 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 09:23 AM

re: Transmission Problem?

I haven't noticed any studdering, but I have had that turn signal problem. Unfortunately it seems that it is one of very many problems with this car - someone seems to have a new problem pop up about every day! Good luck.
post #18 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 09:23 AM

Send a message via MSN to Snake21j Send a message via Yahoo to Snake21j

There are several treads concerning the Nitro stalling or having it feel like it is surging while driving....Drivers describing symptoms like yours

Here is a thread that gives the dealer code to fix the known problems with the Throttle and Transmission, which seems to be the reasons for the problems you described.

Sorry, can't help you on the turn signal...maybe someone else can help there.

https://www.dodge-nitro.com/dodge-nit...p?t=163&page=2

Jason

Remember...No matter where you go, there you are.
'02 Dodge Ram 1500
'05 Toyota Prius
'07 Shelby GT 500 (on order)
'07 R/T Nitro (as soon as the make the dang thing)
post #19 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 09:44 AM

I have also noticed a shuddering at 35 mph. It feels like it is digging up tree stumps. No noise. I think the transmission is trying to find the correct gear and 35 mph is a bad speed. I will ignore it if I can.
post #20 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 AM

what about the head lights, anyone have a problem with them. Mine only shine about 25' down the road. On back roads its almost impossible to see anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in