Dodge Nitro: Auto Trans Issues (threads merged) - Page 3 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 06:44 PM

re: Transmission Problem?

i had to have the dealer set my lights way low
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 07:06 AM

It seems like the service dept. was able to work out the stalling issue I had with my Nitro. No more incidents since.

As for the brake issue, what are cold winters?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 164 (permalink) Old 12-19-2006, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspc271
what about the head lights, anyone have a problem with them. Mine only shine about 25' down the road. On back roads its almost impossible to see anything.

Adjust the headlights up.

post #24 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Angry Re: Auto Trans Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_93727
Yes, it seems sometimes it keeps jumping up a gear and back down, almost like a vacuum line is leaking.. And sometimes in a parking lot it shifts hard into 2nd only doing about 10 mph..
Mine does that too, it is pleasing to hear that I am not the only one with these issues. Has anyone heard about a brake recall on the Nitro? My cousin said that she heard about it on the radio last week and called me immediately.
post #25 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 09:00 PM

25-30mph shuddering

Has anyone else noticed when going up hill right around 28mph the car shudders at all right around 1900 rpm's or it might be 2900. Its just a constant shudder only at those speeds and rpms. Just curious....
post #26 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-07-2007, 12:26 PM

Re: 25-30mph shuddering

There is a TSB in regards to that problem , take it to the dealer for the flash.
post #27 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 09:47 PM

Re: 25-30mph shuddering

I noticed that my nitro does that at about 37 mph. What is a tsb?
post #28 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 07:55 AM

Anyone having problems going in reverse?

We've had our Nitro since New Years Eve and it has almost 1000 miles on it. I absolutely hate this vehicle, it bounces, misses, and has stalled on me twice. The first week we had our Nitro it drove so smooth and then all of the sudden it started missing, I thought it might have been bad gas, but it hasn't stopped. When I back up it's like it doesn't have enough power to go and that is when it died on me. Also when I back into our level gravel driveway I have to push the gas really hard and then it's like it jumps into gear and then of course it starts throwing gravels everywhere. I have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow, but I'm really worried that it won't help because most of the problems aren't consistant. I'm not good at describing vehicle problems and my husband rarely drives it so he hasn't experienced any and has no idea what I'm talking about. Has anyone else experienced any of the same problems or can atleast help me describe it to the service person?
post #29 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-12-2007, 12:23 PM

Re: Anyone having problems going in reverse?

havent had that problem but any problem u have should be recorded in the vehicles computer. and when mechanic hooks his computer to yours it should bring up codes telling him what has happened. dont worry they'll fix it.
post #30 of 164 (permalink) Old 01-16-2007, 01:09 PM

My Nitro 3.7 seems to have the surging issue as well and it has about 200 miles on it (I bought it four days ago). Glad to know there is a fix out there.
The SLT seems like a great value for the price, my only option was the full size spare, stickering for less than 25K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in