Dodge Nitro: Engine Problems / Code Errors - Page 2 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 02:17 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Dutchty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
With you being in the Netherlands, do you have the diesel engine Possibly the codes are different. I just thought about this this AM.

Well, down my here my signature says Nitro R/T 4.0.
I would love a 4.0 Diesel for sure but only a 2.8 is available over here.

08 Dodge Nitro R/T 4.0 Silver 4x4
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

93 GMC Typhoon 4.3turbo, 0-60mph/4,5s AWD Black
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

97 Honda Civic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-16-2011, 04:45 PM

oops - should have read your signature. It makes for good reading!

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #13 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 10:23 AM

Check wallet light on.

Just had the baby into CAA Auto care shop yesterday. Check wallet light came on two weeks ago, so booked the truck in, then the light went out, cancelled appointment. Then the light went on again, booked her in, then on the way in, the light went out again. The tech plugged the code reader in and there was nothing there, not even in the history. Next day the light came on again, took her in on the way home from work and code P0031 came up O2 sensor bank 1 voltage low. 2 hours and $260.00 CDN + tax to fix. He had to disconnect the front drive shaft to access.
I think your list is correct on that one dhh3. By the way, there are 4 x O2 sensors and all the same part #.

John

Model: Nitro SXT 3.7L
Build date: Jan 07
Colour: Black
Mods: Projector Head Lamps, Bosch Platinum Plus spark plugs, Autozensations projector fog lamps with Landy chrome bezels. Custom undergrille, removed roof rails.

post #14 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnhopkins View Post
I think your list is correct on that one dhh3. By the way, there are 4 x O2 sensors and all the same part #.
This is good to know! I finally did something right.

I just looked under my Nitro. There is a small catalytic converter on each bank of cylinders. I wonder if there are 2 O2 sensors on each side, one in front of and one behind each catalytic converter? It was hard to see, but the drivers side converter is really close to the front drive shaft.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #15 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 01:44 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Dutchty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
I wonder if there are 2 O2 sensors on each side, one in front of and one behind each catalytic converter? It was hard to see, but the drivers side converter is really close to the front drive shaft.

Don't wonder, it is

08 Dodge Nitro R/T 4.0 Silver 4x4

93 GMC Typhoon 4.3turbo, 0-60mph/4,5s AWD Black

97 Honda Civic
post #16 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 AM

Thank you. You made me learn something new yesterday. I like that.

post #17 of 135 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 05:14 PM

Engine Light Code Errors

so i just bought a 2010 dodge nitro shock edition all white(pics coming soon) and literally ten min after driving off the lot the engine light comes on. i plugged a scanner and got a p0300 for random misfire. i wasn't worried since im still under factory warranty. but the day i go to bring it in to service i start it up and the mil light goes away and drives fine, before i felt the misfire a lil bit coming off a complete stop. then a week goes by and the light comes on again, i plug up the scanner same code, now i dont erase it just turned off the car and unplugged scanner, start it up again and like magic this light is off. now this is really annoying as all i want to do is just take this car in to the dealer and not have them hit me with a diag fee since the light is not on and wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. imma mechanic and know how the dealers work so thats why i'm hoping this light could pop on soon and i can just tow it straight there so they can see i'm not crazy. but yeah if anyone has experinced this please help!!! lol by the way i'm new to this site i also have an 82 toyota supra and have a account on celica supra.com
post #18 of 135 (permalink) Old 03-26-2012, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome!

Just don't erase your code next time, but I would think it could be viewed in history, but maybe not. I did the same thing but they found other error codes that I didn't know were in there with my checker. Good Luck!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #19 of 135 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 06:19 AM

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to see that you had to join under these circumstances.
As Rick said, when the light come on, bring it to the dealer, and when you get there, do not shut off the engine. Sometimes, these sytems seem to "self test" and erase the codes if the system thinks it is fixed. I have had this happen to me!
Good luck.

post #20 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-18-2012, 05:57 PM

ok so heres a lil update. sry i still dont have pics its probably because i still dont have my car and this problem is persisting. so got the light on brought it straight to the dealer as soon as it came on. they checked it, drove it, erased it, and said it was a past code which i responded that thats bs because this code is on now and has been coming on and off. i was told to bring it back when it comes on. light comes on three days later, bring it in, let me know the next day that all they found was one faulty spark plug and ran fuel injection cleaner thru it thinking maybe i got bad gas which is also bs because 5 min after purchasing the car it came on. they told me they drove it all day tried getting the light back on nothing that it was all good to go, i drive 20 min home light comes on as soon as i park it with it smoking this time. i go back to the dealer furious at this point and not once could they even get me a rental or loaner, since i work at a nissan dealer my manager was nice enough to let me use a 2012 maxima in the mean time which i might trade the truck in for. get a call from the dealer saying they contacted chrysler and they recommended a deep combustion cleaning which i never even heard of but what they had to do was remove the cylinder head of bank 2 and put this solvent in clean off everything and reinstall head. again no fix light comes on as soon as i leave the dealer!!! now its in the shop as i'm typing this and got a call yesterday morning that now chrysler recommends to replace that whole cylinder head!!! this is just rediculous. i told them from day one maybe you should try replacing all the coils, but no dodge is retarded and this is the solution they come up with. by the way this dealer is sherman dodge in skokie illinois i totally would rec to stay away from these a-holes! thru out all this everytime i had to find out something its because i had to call up there only twice did i get a call and that was to keep the car over night every other time i had to call not even a call to say my cars ready, i call and this guy nick c. in service is like " oh yea your car is ready and everythings fine" when obviously its not i'm now about to write to the service manager and say how rediculous this has become and a major let down that i'm not treated like a customer because of my age. i'm 25 and these guys are acting as if i'm a kid and this is not my car. just because of my looks i shouldnt be judge on that when i bring my personal car in for service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in