Dodge Nitro ESP/BAS light? - Dodge Nitro Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Nitro ESP/BAS light?

Quote:
Truprince

What does it mean and how can I get it off on my dash
Dodge Nitro ESP/BAS light?
The ESP/BAS light on my nitro had come on while I was driving home and what I'm asking is would the vehicle be OK the drive to a shop so I can get it handeled? The light came in about 40 miles from home and there seemed to be no problem driving it that far but I don't want to damage the car more than I already have someone please help

You will not do any damage to
your Nitro by driving it.
The ESP light relates to the "Electronic Stability Control" which helps the handling around high speed cornering and the BAP light is the "Brake assist program" which controls brake pressure left to right side. Drive normally and you won't find any difference in the drive. Also, check with your dealer, give them the VIN of your Nitro and see if the 2 recalls involving your brakes have been completed.

The esp/bas light has probably been one of the most common problems on the nitro. There is a tsb out for this problem, depending on what code the vehicle is setting to turn the light on. The tsb # is 08-010-07 and it involves reprogramming the steering angle sensor.

LINKS

NITRO TSBs & Safety Recalls

Another Problem with my nitro.. ESP light..

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in