Heater/Defroster has gone out - Dodge Nitro Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Heater/Defroster has gone out

Hello, newbie here and I have a 2011 Dodge Nitro 4wd and the heater/defroster system just went out, all of a sudden, boom no more heat. Has anyone heard of this happening before for this year Nitro?

Last edited by newmultimom06; 12-05-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmultimom06 View Post
Hello, newbie here and I have a 2011 Dodge Nitro 4wd and the heater/defroster system just went out, all of a sudden, boom no more heat. Has anyone heard of this happening before for this year Nitro?
Welcome!
Did you see this thread? Does this help?

https://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f1...-coolant-7975/

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 PM

Welcome to the forum. Is your 2011 still under warranty? When you say your heat went out, do you mean that it no longer blows air? If that is the case, it might be the fuse, or the big resistor located behind the glove compartment. Does it blow air, but only cold? If so, possibly the mixing valve is stuck closed. Rotate the knob cold to hot and back a couple of times and see what happens. Good luck, and let us know how you make out.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Sorry for delay in my response back. I did get the heating issue looked at and the whole motor went out. Not sure how or why because the car is not that old. Well everything is all fixed and I now have heat thank god because its cold where I live.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmultimom06 View Post
Sorry for delay in my response back. I did get the heating issue looked at and the whole motor went out. Not sure how or why because the car is not that old. Well everything is all fixed and I now have heat thank god because its cold where I live.
Great news! Thanks for your reply, and yes it must have just been a defective motor. Not a common repair. Good Luck in the future with no issues.

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:41 AM

Thanks for getting back to us with your fix. This is the first time that I heard of the whole motor going out. Did they fix it under warranty for you?

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in