R/T idle noise - Dodge Nitro Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 06:16 AM Thread Starter

R/T idle noise

Since I really have not ever had a chance to see another Nitro R/T I do not know if this noise is normal or not.
At idle I can hear slight chug chug type noise that does not speed up with revs. Sounds like a pully/ belt or something, I doubt its lifters as the noise remains constant even when tapping the gas pedal.

The noise still remains even after the belt and tensioner were replaced to the new style version. I didnt request this, the dealer just did it as a TSB.

Perhaps other R/T owners can advice me on what the R/T sounds like on idle?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Video of my engine noise

Nitro idling. After tapping the gas pedal the noise occurs on deceleration. It's clearly heard in the video. AC engaged at approx 1.46mins into video which I think makes the engine noisier?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
Since I really have not ever had a chance to see another Nitro R/T I do not know if this noise is normal or not.
At idle I can hear slight chug chug type noise that does not speed up with revs. Sounds like a pully/ belt or something, I doubt its lifters as the noise remains constant even when tapping the gas pedal.

The noise still remains even after the belt and tensioner were replaced to the new style version. I didnt request this, the dealer just did it as a TSB.

Perhaps other R/T owners can advice me on what the R/T sounds like on idle?

Thanks
MODS: Sorry for creating another thread. I didnt realize I had this one already prior to posting my You tube video.

No Problem! Taken care of:

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick View Post
MODS: Sorry for creating another thread. I didnt realize I had this one already prior to posting my You tube video.

No Problem! Taken care of:

Thanks.

The clack clack noise is louder once the AC is engaged. The other noise is the jingly type noise when the revs are dropping after tapping the gas pedal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in