Traction Control Issue - Dodge Nitro Forum
Problems / Dealer Service If you are having problems with your Dodge Nitro and want to discuss it, please do so in here. If you need to talk about service that you may need or have received from a dealership, please do so in here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Traction Control Issue

Was going to the store today to pick up some forgotten items for Easter dinner. As I was trying to accelerate the traction control light started flashing, and lost power on acceleration. I was not driving very fast or hard, just normal driving down a residential street and the roads were dry. I pulled over, put it in park, and gave it a few revs to see if it was the motor missing or bogging down. It revs fine in park. Took off again and as soon as it shifted into second gear, it happened again.

So I decided to turn around by going around the block at the next intersection. As soon as I made the turn, the vehicle would hardly accelerate at all. Let off the gas and tried again. As long as I was barely pushing on the gas pedal, it would start to accelerate, but still flashing the traction control light and bogging the motor down.

Has anyone came across this before? I am not getting a check engine light, and everything else seems to function as normal.

Things I noticed a while back were that the headlights would flicker when driving at night and the traction control would kick on. The other, which I thought might have been normal, was then when turning a corner and getting back on the gas, it felt like a dead spot in the pedal. But after what happened today when turning, it seems to act similar, only much worse this time.

I plan to call tomorrow and see if the local dealership can get it in. I am not a big fan of the local dealership, but don't want to risk the trip to the other dealership 45 minutes away.

Would a bad speed sensor cause this issue, or would this be something more and possibly in the traction control module/ecu?

Thanks

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Problems / Dealer Service

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in