2008 rt interior - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

2008 rt interior

hi everyone i'am new here, so i hope i get this right. first what is the code for the interior of a 2008 rt 4wd that has leather interior? ones ive seen say dark slate grey but it looks more black ie the dash and doors.

the other question i have is behind the back seats are 2 flaps, that fold down when the seats are put down, i've had both of them break off now, but when i've talked to parts places, they say they are sold in 3 parts, where as mine is in one part. but the interesting thing is a 2011 nitro has the part as one piece,???

can i order that one instead, or do they not fit into older models of the same nitro.

thanks
http://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/s...roduct=6922600
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1313100-8-large.jpg (65.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by sifer; 04-25-2016 at 01:16 PM. Reason: add too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome sifer!

Great Post that your Link answers your own question, I believe. First off Your Nitro is equipped the same as mine with black leather (R/T) seats that uses Dark Slate inside trim (DS) that looks black. Your Link list # DB complete assembly made up of # 3 pieces (8) 1CG951DVAJ. Your picture looks the same as my Nitro flaps. You must have been hard on those to break?

I will look around as you have already, but it appears you must purchase the complete assembly of two flaps and the base. Great that it is even available new now-a-days. Other option would be to find one in a wrecking yard used. Don't think there would be issues with a used one and should be less costly.

Good Luck and let us know how it all works out for you.

Again great post!

P.S. All Nitros are the same 2007-2012

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post
Welcome sifer!

Great Post that your Link answers your own question, I believe. First off Your Nitro is equipped the same as mine with black leather (R/T) seats that uses Dark Slate inside trim (DS) that looks black. Your Link list # DB complete assembly made up of # 3 pieces (8) 1CG951DVAJ. Your picture looks the same as my Nitro flaps. You must have been hard on those to break?

I will look around as you have already, but it appears you must purchase the complete assembly of two flaps and the base. Great that it is even available new now-a-days. Other option would be to find one in a wrecking yard used. Don't think there would be issues with a used one and should be less costly.

Good Luck and let us know how it all works out for you.

Again great post!

P.S. All Nitros are the same 2007-2012
ok but my piece is all in one. the flaps are plastic, and the long piece is the same and they are attached to each other. so i dont know where everyone keeps saying 3 pieces
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1313100-8-large.jpg (65.7 KB, 4 views)

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 07:20 PM

this is what it looks like as one unit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8195edec.jpg (12.7 KB, 5 views)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
There are two spring loaded flaps that allow you to put down only the right passenger shorter side rear seat or the left drivers side individually or together. (These are shown in your picture being upright)These are connected to a one piece panel that lays flat with the rest of the rear tailgate floor, and not shown in your picture. That whole assembly is sold as one piece (but three parts) per your Link. I'm saying (not everyone) it is all sold together as ONE piece.

Rick

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 07:53 PM

yea see the 2011 ones say one piece, where the 2008 models say 3 pieces, talked to parts department at a dodge dealer, and hey says 3 pieces, which dont make sense to me . LOL. so i'am thinking ordering the 2011 one with the code DB which is the dark grey slate, that looks black!! and see what happens
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
That sounds like a plan and this way you have a new complete unit that should last as long as your Nitro! Good Luck with your Nitro in the future.

Did you know they make a rear cargo mat to protect all that black hard plastic? Really pleased that I purchased one for my R/T:

Mopar Cargo Area Mat 82210423AB

Rick

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 08:43 AM

here is the interesting part now!!

seems that the dark grey color is not the color that i'am looking for, for my r/t. it seems that the color you have to order is the dark kaki number from what other forums are saying.

so when i get the chance, i'am going to order the dark kaki one for the 60 40 split and see if thats the color, if not then i'll order the other color.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sifer1 View Post
here is the interesting part now!!

seems that the dark grey color is not the color that i'am looking for, for my r/t. it seems that the color you have to order is the dark kaki number from what other forums are saying.

so when i get the chance, i'am going to order the dark kaki one for the 60 40 split and see if thats the color, if not then i'll order the other color.

(Khaki has a brown tint)

My rear cargo mat Dark Khaki Carpeted Cargo Mat - 2007-2010 Dodge Nitro is close to being black, maybe I'm wrong? Ordered a seat panel in Dark Slate Gray and it matched the Black broken one. Pretty close to being the same so why did they even have both?

Rick

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 02:19 PM

see the pic u posted of the cargo cover for the back looks more like light grey, this is my interior colors, is yours the same as mine?? but this pic shows wood grain inserts mine doesnt have that !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1252.jpg (68.9 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in