Bull Bar Front End Protector - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Bull Bar Front End Protector

Hello all,

There used to be an ad on this site for this item in polished stainless. I went to buy one and no more ad. Can anybody help me on this one ?? Where to get one ??

Thanks

Fishdist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 10:13 PM

Hey Fishdist. Yes I can help. I ordered one for my 08 Sunburst orange pearl R/T just yesterday. Try Truck Candy .com or call and ask for Bryon Hibbets @ 866 670 0055 .As of yesterday he had 6 Westin Bull Bars with skid plate after my order. The cost was $ 350.73 including freight .It was my first order with them but they seemed like stand up people. Tell him Harry from Florida gave you the info. I did 9 other mods on my Nitro since getting it last week. If you have trouble locating stuff maybe I can help ,just rattle my cage. Good Luck.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Roadie, I'll check it out

Fishdist

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Good lead, Roadie. Item ordered and on its way. Thanks

Fishdist
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 05:00 PM

Rhino Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishdist
Good lead, Roadie. Item ordered and on its way. Thanks

Fishdist
Your welcome Fish. I also went with a Rhino Bar for the rear. That should keep them off my ass end.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2007, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Roadie

I've got a big trailer hitch sticking out there. If they hit they will regret.

Fishdist
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 11:19 AM

Flimsy Bull Bar mount ?

Quote:
Roadie

I've got a big trailer hitch sticking out there. If they hit they will regret.

Fishdist
Sounds like a plan Fish . I just got notice of the intended delivery tomorrow of my Bull Bar. When I crawled under the Nitro to eyeball where I thought it may attach ,I was disappointed to see what appears to be light weight metal mounting .I can't see any other location to mount this Bar. I sure hope I'm wrong .I'll let you know what I see when it arrives.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Roadie, Mine arrived today. Being in Calif, have to also buy the front license plate relocate bracket. My plant maintenance techs will be installing mine pretty soon. I will relay your remarks about the possible flimsy mounting. The Westin product is pretty heavy duty stuff and looks great. More later.

fishdist
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

More: It's on and looks great. I will get a pic together when I get time. The unit is pretty flexy but I'll drive it a bit to see if it's a problem before doing any mods. Since I won't be using aux lights, the license plate relocate bracket is not needed after all. I will return it when it shows up.

On to the next project.

Fishdist
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
More: It's on and looks great. I will get a pic together when I get time. The unit is pretty flexy but I'll drive it a bit to see if it's a problem before doing any mods. Since I won't be using aux lights, the license plate relocate bracket is not needed after all. I will return it when it shows up.

On to the next project.

Fishdist
Ditto Fish. I installed mine this morning. I've read that most found their bar flexing. Actually I found mine to be the opposite. It's not as ridged as if it were bolted to a box frame install.But it was better than I expected when I first saw the light metal bolting area. The single bolt ,bolt plate, is crucial to getting the bar secure .I think some
nitro owners decided to skip that portion of the install I found it to be a bitch getting it in place. I was flat on the garage floor without benifit of ramps or lift. But it was much more difficult than the Westin Nerf Bars .I did order KC chrome ,long range , 6 " round lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in