Dodge NITRO “Halo” Headlamp/Foglight Install - Page 3 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-03-2009, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Unhappy UPDATE: Removed “Halo” Headlamps

Update: Removed “Halo” Headlamps

Yes just 3 months and 1,500 miles my right "Halo" headlamp stopped working. As you should know these lamps are guaranteed for life so what went wrong? Upon removing the lamp it appears that the wires that connect to these glass rings have shorted out and are burnt. Ring is not cracked and it is receiving proper power. No other issues are present. Maybe I damaged this connection (very fragile) installing?

After seeing what was available as complete headlamp assemblies from our Site Sponsor Dodge Accessories & Parts I had already decided I would not repair these units if there was an issue in the future. Never expected it would be this soon, however!!!

I bought these “Halo” lamps deeply discounted, but let’s face it, they require a lot of time and labor to install. I was very detailed in the install, I believe. They are unique and attract much attention, but are labor intensive to install. They are very fragile in design and their wiring is too. A free replacement lamp or the offer, if installation is the cause of $39.00 for a replacement lamp, is not the issue. If I need to re-bake the housing to do another install after removing the Nitro grille and headlamp assembles is something I am unwilling to do again.

I have no issues at all with Advance Automotive Concepts who I bought these lights from directly. They were most supportive in any question I had during the install and Customer Service and fast, and shipping was great.

If you are interested in what I installed as a replacement and how the install went (plug n play?) I have again posted a complete picture review. Check Out These New Threads!

https://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f1...eadlamps-4572/

https://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f1...4573/#post9839

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-04-2009, 09:55 AM

bummer...ur step by step description was really good.

i bet u're going for these 2009 Dodge Charger Headlights | Projector Headlights |...

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-25-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudyoz View Post
bummer...ur step by step description was really good.

i bet u're going for these 2009 Dodge Charger Headlights | Projector Headlights |...

Check them out! (see new Links above)

Rick

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 05:39 AM

eheheh...i knew it, those are beauties!
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Angel eyes

Published on Nov 3, 2016

Rick

post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Colorshift halo headlight kit 2007-2012

Published on Dec 8, 2014

Get your kit today!
Flashtech: serious lighting technology...
Flashtech Dodge Nitro Fusion Colorshift V.3 Halos Headlight kit are the most advanced LED halo ever designed. They have a wide array of ways to be hooked up and can be modified in the future without having to buy new halos again and again. Your kit will come with LED rings and LED Drivers. Instead of having everything built into the ring as old halos were built, Flashtech has designed an external driver which allows this item to be mounted outside of the headlight. If a failure occurs a simple replacement of the driver will fix most problems rather than having to open up the headlights to replace a ring.

Flashtech Fusion Colorshift V.3 Halos will come with 4 wires on the back of each ring. This will allow you to hook them up as either single color RED, GREEN or BLUE . Each kit comes with a 24 key IR remote option that will make the full Colorshift Halos and will allow you to make a wide array of colors, including white, as well as blending and fade options. Make sure to check out the video of our Fusion Colorsfit Halos in action to see how you can make full use of them when paired with a wireless fusion remote.

Flashtech Headlight HALO Kits Include the Following

(2) 07-12 Dodge Nitro V.3 Fusion Colorshift Low Beam Halo Rings
(2) 07-12 Dodge Nitro V.3 Fusion Colorshift External LED DRIVERS
(1) 24 key IR Wireless RGB control Module
Complete Wiring install guide
Installation written Instructions
Everything you need to add Halos to your existing Headlights

*Look at fog light halo kits and brand new complete assemblies with flashtech halos preinstalled for this vehicle as well! Any controller to make halos flash or strobe are sold seperaty unless otherwise noted.

Rick

post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
For more detailed info on this subject, visit:

Service Information Nitro Lamps/lighting - exterior

Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in