Dodge Nitro: Cargo Security Cover - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Dodge Nitro: Cargo Security Cover

looking for a new rear cargo security cover, can someone tell me if the ones made up to 2010 will fit a 2011? that seems to be all I can find for sale online.

thanks

Linda

Last edited by driftgirl; 10-17-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 06:29 PM

They are all the same, but I'm not sure of the color availability. I purchased the dark slate gray, and am very happy, except for one issue. Because the rear seats recline, the cover does not sit flush to the back seats, and there is about a 6" gap when the seats are fully up. Other than that, it is a cool accessory. It should have come standard, IMHO!

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Hi, the guy from dodge said the ones up to 2010 wont fit 2011 doesnt make since .. I did notice it wont be flush but thats ok .. I just need the majority to cover, I carry products I sell in the car and I dont want them seen .. and YES this should have been standard .. especially when your buying a Nitro Shock ! .. lolol .. he's got one for 179.00 on ebay, but I am trying to get him down, I think that is way too high ..

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftgirl View Post
Hi, the guy from dodge said the ones up to 2010 wont fit 2011 doesnt make since .. I did notice it wont be flush but thats ok .. I just need the majority to cover, I carry products I sell in the car and I dont want them seen .. and YES this should have been standard .. especially when your buying a Nitro Shock ! .. lolol .. he's got one for 179.00 on ebay, but I am trying to get him down, I think that is way too high ..
It is not listed as an accessory for the 2011, so this is why he is probably telling you this. I purchased mine through my dealer, for a 2010, and my price was $106. This includes shipping. Just add tax. He is off of his rocker asking $179. Do you have a dealer close by? That is the best way to go. Good luck.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Yeah the 2010 ones are cheaper .. dealer wants a couple hundred bucks ... I got one from a place in Florida even with shipping it was cheaper than dealer
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 PM

Good deal. Enjoy!

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to eandras
I am looking for the same thing. Can you post the part numbers. I was told by the dealer the the price was 350.00. I told them they were nuts.

Thank
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:51 PM

Here is a link

Dodge Nitro Accessories - The Official Dodge Nitro Parts eStore offered by Chrysler

Click on: interior, then seat & security covers.

You can also find them on ebay. Search: dodge nitro mopar. By the time you add shipping, the cost is about the same.

The only difference is the color. These are not listed for the 2011, but they fit all years. Enjoy.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to eandras
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhh3 View Post
Here is a link

Dodge Nitro Accessories - The Official Dodge Nitro Parts eStore offered by Chrysler

Click on: interior, then seat & security covers.

You can also find them on ebay. Search: dodge nitro mopar. By the time you add shipping, the cost is about the same.

The only difference is the color. These are not listed for the 2011, but they fit all years. Enjoy.

Thanks. Just ordered on line through eBay. Greenbrier dodge. 79.99 pluses 11.98 expedited shipping.

Ed
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-11-2011, 02:08 PM

Good deal. The only thing I don't like is the gap behind the seats, to allow them to recline. I just put the seats back a notch - problem solved.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in