Dodge Nitro: Mopar Katzkin Leather Interior - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Dodge Nitro: Mopar Katzkin Leather Interior

I want to buy leather interior for the seats of my 2008 Nitro SXT (dark slate / light slate gray interior). Does anyone with the same interior colors have the Katzkin products?

I want it in dual tone like the fabric seats but I don't know which colors are the exact match to fit the interior colors. Can someone help me please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseSeeker View Post
I want to buy leather interior for the seats of my 2008 Nitro SXT (dark slate / light slate gray interior). Does anyone with the same interior colors have the Katzkin products?

I want it in dual tone like the fabric seats but I don't know which colors are the exact match to fit the interior colors. Can someone help me please?
ParadiseSeeker looks like no options except for one match to your original interior that would be Dark Slate OR Dark Khaki from this Link. Hope this helps. Sure you could get custom leather too. Good Luck!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Another Link with Mopar part numbers and list prices.

Mopar EASy ? Accessories - Katzkin Leather Interiors

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Thx. What is the official interior color name for 2008 SXT? Dark / Light Slate Gray, as far as I know and as far as the official Dodge brochure shows. So Dark Graphite would be the correct color? Seems very dark to me. And for the Light Slate Gray?

I thought Katzkin produces the leather interior which was offered my Mopar for the SXT modell and which was standard for R/T modells? Shouldn't they know the matching colors?

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 06-19-2011 at 01:47 PM.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Another Link with Mopar part numbers and list prices.
Thx for the link. What do they mean with "installed" and "uninstalled"? I need a shop, that can ship the parts to Austria / Europe. I guess Mopar won't do this.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:

This option has been available from Mopar for a couple of years, but the dealers don't seem to know much about it. I think it might be easier for you to go directly to them.

Car Leather Upholstery | Custom Auto Leather Interiors by Katzkin

There are many options: single color, two color, with or without perforated inserts, dual stitching, contrast stitching, logos on the front seats, etc. Also, this would be the perfect time to add heating elements for the front seats. This option is also available from Mopar.

This is the route that I will take when I am ready to do this. Over on the Jeep Commander website, there are a few members that actually did the installation themselves. With the pictures they posted, I saw some wrinkles, which I would not be happy with; so I will have an upholstery shop do a professional installation. I would think that wrinkles would allow for premature wear! I need to find out if my local shop offers Katzkin or another manufacturer. There are a few other manufactures of leather seat covers for the Nitro. On ebay, do a search of "Dodge Nitro Leather Seats". There are links to their websites, or you can just ask the seller a question. I would guess that the closest match would be "charcoal" (dark slate gray) and "light gray" (light slate gray/graystone). If you go to the Mopar accessories site, the Katzins are listed with two prices: with or without dealer installation. I'm not sure that I would trust my dealer to do this, unless they have a qualified individual in the body shop. Good luck.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

My choice would be one-tone or two-tone combo with inserts perforation, Dodge logo and contrast stitch. I guess I prefer the one-tone in dark graphite. I've been to the Katzkin website and I have the pdf with all the options for Jeep and Dodge. By the way ... is the perforation of any use? I still don't if I should take the dark graphite or charcoal. I don't have the possibility to check the colors here in Austria. Nobody knows Katzkin or these Mopar accessories here.

I will also buy the Mopar heated front seats set. Will this set also include the OEM switches which will be located at the front dash panel beside the EPS and hazard lightning switches? The Mopar installation guide doesn't show these original switches at all.

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 06-19-2011 at 03:02 PM.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
My choice would be one-tone or two-tone combo with inserts perforation, Dodge logo and contrast stitch. I guess I prefer the one-tone in dark graphite. I've been to the Katzkin website and I have the pdf with all the options for Jeep and Dodge. By the way ... is the perforation of any use? I still don't if I should take the dark graphite or charcoal. I don't have the possibility to check the colors here in Austria. Nobody knows Katzkin or these Mopar accessories here.

I will also buy the Mopar heated front seats set. Will this set also include the OEM switches which will be located at the front dash panel beside the EPS and hazard lightning switches? The Mopar installation guide doesn't show these original switches at all.
The heated seat kit comes with a set of switches which mount, with tape, to the console, by the shifter. If you were to utilize the switch panel on the lower dash, you would have to buy the panel that containes these switches, along with the necessary harness to connect the switches to the seats. You can not add switches to your panel - you have to replace your panel with the blanks with a panel that contains the seat switches. The heated seats from the factory are 2 stage - High and Low - whereas the Mopar kit, I believe, is 3 stage - High, Medium, and Low. So, I do not know if would be even possible to use the factory switches. Obviously, you are thinking like me, because I would like to utilize the factory switches, also.
As far as the color, I believe you want Charcoal. The interior of my 2011 is all one color, Dark Slate Gray, and the color the matches closest, IMHO, is charcoal.
Some of the manufacturers offer samples. Since you are so far away, see if they will send you a sample before you order.
I believe the perforation is for looks, but it would help to keep the seat cooler in the summer. In the Jeep Commander, the Base leather seats were non-perforated, but the Limited had perforations! The seats were the same - just the leather coverings were different.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Thx for the info. So the Mopar heated seats are not identical with the OEM heated seats? Thats poor.

Of course I want the switches in the switch panel. I want it original style. No way to drill holes and to have different switches.

Isn't there a option to get the OEM heated seats? I thought Mopar are all original parts? How did other Dodge owners solve this problem?

Did you see the Katzkin colors yourself in real? I don't think they will send me some samples. They should know which colors matches the original interior.

Dodge Nitro R/T, 2.8 CRD, 2008
Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Thx for the info. So the Mopar heated seats are not identical with the OEM heated seats? Thats poor.

Of course I want the switches in the switch panel. I want it original style. No way to drill holes and to have different switches.

Isn't there a option to get the OEM heated seats? I thought Mopar are all original parts? How did other Dodge owners solve this problem?

Did you see the Katzkin colors yourself in real? I don't think they will send me some samples. They should know which colors matches the original interior.
Go to: dodge.com
At the top, right side is a link: for owners. This takes you to the Mopar site.
There is a box on the right side: Find it, Buy it, Own it. This is a link to all the Dodge models.
Pick your year Nitro; pick parts or accessories.

You will find the the heating elements for the seats are not listed under parts, Front Seats. They are only listed under accessories. Bummer. Under instrument panel, there is no listing for the switch panel for the seats in the center stack.
I would guess that the heating panels are the same, but the controls are different. I'm having no luck finding the panel.
I did not see the Katzkin in person, only in pictures.
My interior is called dark slate gray. The light gray in the Jeep Commander is called Graystone, but it looks the same as the Light Slate Gray in a Nitro.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in