Dodge Nitro: Mopar Katzkin Leather Interior - Page 2 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Under instrument panel, there is no listing for the switch panel for the seats in the center stack. I would guess that the heating panels are the same, but the controls are different. I'm having no luck finding the panel.
I ordered the panel including the heating switches at my Dodge dealer for 70 US. And I bought the Mopar heated seats kit at Ebay. Lets see if it works.

I also wrote to Katzkin but didn't get any answer yet. The Katzkin Interior Selector for other Jeep models like the Wrangler in Dark Slate Gray says that the correct color is Dark Graphite. Guess I will stay with this color in one-tone and R/T style and contrast dual stitching. Still don't know which color matches the Light Slate Gray for the contrast stitching.

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 06-20-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseSeeker View Post
I ordered the panel including the heating switches at my Dodge dealer for 70 US. And I bought the Mopar heated seats kit at Ebay. Lets see if it works.

I also wrote to Katzkin but didn't get any answer yet. The Katzkin Interior Selector for other Jeep models like the Wrangler in Dark Slate Gray says that the correct color is Dark Graphite. Guess I will stay with this color in one-tone and R/T style with perf inserts and light gray dual stitching.
Keep me posted as to whether the switch panel is compatible with the heater kit. I will wait to proceed until I hear how this works out for you. Good luck.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

I just wanted to order my Katzkin seats at Shopsar, but they kind of changed their configurator and I really don't know what to answer:

- Is front lean back 'High' or 'Low'?
- What size are your front seats?
- What size is back seat lean back?
- What size is back seat cushion?

A few days ago their configurator was much easier and there weren't these seat questions, cause the Nitro has only one seat style since the start in 2006. Help! With the sample book I finally got the correct colors for the SXT with Dark Slate / Light Slate interior: Dark Graphite and Ash.

Dodge Nitro R/T, 2.8 CRD, 2008
Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 06-28-2011 at 01:14 PM.

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 02:42 PM

Are they the only seller you can buy from? Since these are made to order, they are trying to cover their butt! I have no idea what he is asking you!

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

ShopSAR is the only seller that ships to Austria. Even Katzkin recommended to order at Katzkin Leather Seats, E&G Classic Grilles, Lloyd Floor Mats, and Chrome Auto Accessories

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
ShopSAR is the only seller that ships to Austria. Even Katzkin recommended to order at Katzkin Leather Seats, E&G Classic Grilles, Lloyd Floor Mats, and Chrome Auto Accessories
I just checked their web site. They are located just outside of New York City, on Long Island, not far from where I grew up. They seem to be a big organization, someone I would trust to do business. I would contact them again and ask for another CSR, someone with more experience; possibly someone who can decode what this new guy was asking for. Since you are so far away, they probably do not want to mess up your order, so I have to commend them for this. But, you have to understand what they are asking you. Thanks for the link. Now I know where to get my seats when I am ready, if my local upholstery shop does not carry Katzkins.
Possible explanation: low back vs high back bucket seats, does the back seat recline? These questions would seem to me to be irrelevant as I do not believe the design of the seats has change since the Nitro's introduction to the market. My front passenger seat has a plastic back and folds flat to make a desk/parcel shelf. Maybe this is what he is referring to. Also, maybe there is a difference between the US version and the export version, but I am not familiar with the export version's differences other than exterior modifications: lights, front bumper.

post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

It's no person who asked me these questions. It's the online configurator with more than enough answer options.

You can find these answer possibilities here:
2007 - 2009 Dodge Nitro SXT/SLT/RT Katzkin Leather Interior (2 row)

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-28-2011, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Aa for the colors. I will take One-Tone Dark Graphite with Contrast Double-Stitches in Ash and the Dodge Emblem (797) on the front seats leanback. I think that darker seats in R/T style will look cooler than Two-Tone leather in Dark Graphite with Ash inserts.

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-29-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
It's no person who asked me these questions. It's the online configurator with more than enough answer options.

You can find these answer possibilities here:
2007 - 2009 Dodge Nitro SXT/SLT/RT Katzkin Leather Interior (2 row)
Thanks for the information. I checked it out this morning, and it very self explanatory. There is a link at the bottom of their home page: contact us, where you can email them any questions. Are you going to try to install these yourself, of is there a shop locally that can do this for you? Good luck.

post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

I installed my Katzkins today and will post some pics later. The color I chosen is perfect.

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in