Dodge Nitro: Mopar Katzkin Leather Interior - Page 3 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseSeeker View Post
I installed my Katzkins today and will post some pics later. The color I chosen is perfect.
What did you end of paying in US $? At the Katzkin site, a 2-row set is around $2K, suggested retail, but at the Dodge/Mopar site, they are around $1K, depending on what version. Thank you.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

About 1.000 US. For this money the seats are amazing good quality. I love them. Don't buy at Dodge/Mopar sites. Buy directly at Shopsar. I really have to thank them for all their support.

Dodge Nitro R/T, 2.8 CRD, 2008
Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 09-19-2011 at 12:24 PM.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseSeeker View Post
About 1.000 US. For this money the seats are amazing good quality. I love them. Don't buy at Dodge/Mopar sites. Buy directly at Shopsar. I really have to thank them for all their support.
Thank you. I just spoke with a local company that does this type of installation. If I were to buy the Katzkin leather from my dealer, they would use this shop for installation, anyway. Their price is around $1,200 USD installed, if I buy through them. They use a few different leather companies including Katzkin, and they have a very good reputation here in town. They can also install the seat heaters for a separate charge, so this will probably be the route I will choose when I am ready. I will try and get a leather cover for the console lid, also. I am a perfectionist, and really do not want to attempt to do the installation myself. I do not have all of the correct tools for the clips, etc. anyway! I have seen pictures on other forums where the guys have installed these kits themselves, and although they look good, there are wrinkles/bubbles that do not suit me! I hope it was the installation, and not a poorly made kit!

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Right after installation, the leather has some wrinkles. The leather needs time and people to sit on it to settle. After a while the seats will look perfect. I didn't make the installation myself, cause I'm also a perfectionist and didn't want to take any risk. What I regret is that I took the Mopar heated seats kit. Do yourself a favour and buy the Katzkin heated seats kit with the leather interior.

If you change your mind and want to do it yourself, there is the Katzkin installation kit, that has all tools you need for installation. Be sure to take the correct colors for your interior. Take a look at the Katzkin Sample Book. Available directly at Katzkin, Shopsar and Ebay.

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 09-20-2011 at 01:58 AM.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

My configuration:

Bought at Shopsar.com (great price and support)
Product Code: KATZ-FDO56

Style Option: Single Tone
Wrap Color: Dark Graphite
Accent Options: Flat Panels
Trim Options: Contrast Double Stitching in Ash
Leather Content of Back Seats: Premium
EMB Location 1: Embroideries / Embrossings on Front Leanbacks
EMB Code 1: 797 (Dodge Logo)
EMB Color 1: Ash

Size Front Seats: LB Buckets
Size Back Seat Lean back: 60/40
Size Back Seat Cushion 60/40

Vehicle Information:
Dodge Nitro SXT (2008) with Dark Slate Grey / Light Slate Grey Interior
Vehicle had Cloth Seats
No SRS Airbags in Front Seats
Driver Seat is POWER, Fold flat Passenger Seat is MANUAL

+ ShopSAR Leather Interior Installation Kit

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 09-21-2011 at 02:11 AM.
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 11:21 AM

These look really good. I'm looking at charcoal with red inserts and red stitching - no logo. Did they install the pads for the seat heaters? Where will you install the switches? I'm still looking at the Mopar heaters - 1 year warranty through the dealer.

post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Thx. I love the one-tone look. The correct Katzkin color for the Nitro interior is Dark Graphite (with Ash contrast double stitching), not Charcoal. Mopar seat heater pads are installed.

I'm still working on solutions for the Mopar heaters kit problem. I ordered a few of the OEM switch panels and some different switches from Check, the production company behind the relabeled Mopar kit.

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 09-20-2011 at 02:37 PM.
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 07:54 PM

Keep me informed as to what switch you come up with, that will work with the harness from the Mopar kit. The Mopar kit gets its power by plugging into the power port/lighter outlet on the dash. I did notice that some of the kits from your links just have a terminal for positive and negative. Is there a fuse in the harness, or would it use the 20A fuse for the power outlet if one chose to hook it up this way? Thank you for all of your help. I wish there were more people posting on this forum.

By the way, do these have a distinctive leather smell?

Last edited by dhh3; 09-20-2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: question
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Lightbulb Custom seat covers for Dodge Nitro

Custom seat covers for Dodge Nitro

We are glad to introduce custom Coverking seat covers for Dodge Nitro at CARiD.
Unlike other universal seat covers, these are tailored for your particular model and will fit like a glove. We have custom templates for pretty mach all year models of Dodge Nitro.
These covers will be a good solution if your seats start to wear out, you search for some protection from pets or want to
refresh interior with different materials and colors.

These covers go on top of your seats, so you don't have to remove upholstery.
You can select one of 11 materials on your choice. Starting with light and durable synthetic and finishing with premium leather or perforated suede.

You can purchase either a set of covers for the front seats or a complete set for the front and rear seats.

Select your year model, check prices and choose your covers here: Dodge Nitro Seat Covers at CARiD

Dodge-Nitro.com LINK

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Nitro 2-tone Graphite Light Gray Leather interior

Published on Sep 5, 2013

We built the leather trimmed interior kit in this video for the 2007 - 2011 Dodge Nitro in two-tone Graphite with Lt. Grey INSERTS. We also finished all of the perimeter seams in contrasting Lt. Grey Double-Stitching. This custom 2-tone leather color combination is an awesome match for the factory Medium Slate Gray interior that is most common in Dodge Nitros. You can upgrade the factory cloth in your Dodge Nitro using any of the 100+ LeatherSeats.com top grain leather colors including our brand new buttery soft Ecstasy full grain leather line. For more information or FREE leather samples call us toll FREE at 866-NEWSEAT.

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in