Front Grille Mod - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Front Grille Mod

I have an 09 Nitro SLT and it comes with the Chrome Front Grille. I am wanting to make it black like the rest of my vehicle. Wondering if anybody knows how to purchase the grille off of an R/T or a suggested painting method for this. I have searched for the R/T grille to purchase and have a hard time finding one that will allow you to choose a color for it to come in.

If anybody has done this and has pictures to show that would be great. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

well thanks to all that helped out on this one.....

Today i painted my front grille black instead of having that ugly chrome shit on the front. I have to say i was a little worried about the way it would have turned out but i am actually very happy with it.

I started with a sanding block and sanded the shit out of it, going in one direction. than went and purchased a can of flat black plastic paint. After about 3 coats and letting it dry i put the grille back on and it looks awesome.

No need for a paint booth, just an empty garage and a little time is all that was needed. Pictuers to come later.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thanks for the update and look forward to your pictures!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Got out this morning and took some pics of the finished job. Excuse the dirty-ness of my truck, its been raining a lot.

Before

After

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Great job! Only you will know it is not factory Thanks for your pictures and good luck with your next Nitro project, whatever it is!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 02:44 PM

Nitro black grill

hi i just got a black 2010 nitro and was looking for a chrome grill because mine is black . maybe we can work some thing out just let me know
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnick814 View Post
hi i just got a black 2010 nitro and was looking for a chrome grill because mine is black . maybe we can work some thing out just let me know
If you want, shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something. I would be willing to buy a new chrome one and ship it to you with a return label for your black one. If you are interested in doing something like that let me know where you live so i can figure in shipping and handling. Maybe also a more direct like of contact. Personal email or maybe a phone number. Its up to you. But i would be willing to do a trade or give money for it. As my grille just started chipping and I am not looking forward to having to paint it every two weeks.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 03:17 PM

where did you get the black inner from?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Im not sure which part you are talking about. The 4 rectangles in the center of grille came black. During the painting process I just went right over them. The emblem was also black around the Ram. I just taped that off during painting.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010, 05:52 PM

Sorry bratha yeah meant the 4 rectangles. Yeah mine are chrome but want them black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in