Installing Dodge Nitro Projector Headlamps - Page 2 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-25-2011, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnhopkins View Post
Rick. Thanks for the training. lol. That's another way of saying the same thing, thanks. I see a price of $425.00 on their webpage and you mention discount coupons. Where do I find this section? On their webpage? Sorry, I'm Canadian, you have to help me here. lol

It is on the first page after you add your choice to the shopping cart and then you enter FORUMS in the Coupon Box and click redeem, and the price is then lowered a whopping $42.50! Next page is where you enter your payment info. Hope this helps..

Good Luck and please post pictures of your install.

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 10:42 AM

I am looking to put these on my new R/T, as I cannot resist the temptation. My question, with the LED blinkers in the front, is there any special resistors or relays needed to keep the back blinkers from blinking really fast?
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Nothing else needed, just Plug & Play! You do have the option to not having the LED lights, but they really are the only way to go as for updating, I think! They really look cool when in use. Good Luck & Enjoy your new mod!

Rick

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 10:51 AM

Rick,

Are you using HID bulbs in the projectors? If so, did you have to use the canceler/resistor to stop the flickering?
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-30-2011, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by meder24 View Post
Rick,

Are you using HID bulbs in the projectors? If so, did you have to use the canceler/resistor to stop the flickering?
Just using the bulbs that came with these units and they work just fine.

Rick

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post
Just using the bulbs that came with these units and they work just fine.
I assume by your answer you installed the optional HID kit? Is this correct? Also what did you tie wrap the ballest to if you remember? You said you had to tap the parking light circuit for the halos correct? The regular LED parking lights are just plug n play correct ? Thank you
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman View Post
I assume by your answer you installed the optional HID kit? Is this correct? Also what did you tie wrap the ballest to if you remember? You said you had to tap the parking light circuit for the halos correct? The regular LED parking lights are just plug n play correct ? Thank you
Don't know what you are asking? These lamps require no ballast and nothing else and are shown here. No need to modify and replace these lamps supplied with these assemblies. You must have some other product that I don't have. My Lamps:

JDM Black with LEDs and Clear Projector (CCFL) - 2007 Dodge Nitro Projector Headlights
low T-5 55W
T-3 ˝ hi beam bulb 55W
Projector Headlights are completely DOT compliant.

Rick

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 PM

I ordered the following: Crystal Clear with LEDs and Clear Projector (CCFL)
# THL-10472 - Dodge Nitro 2007-2009, Custom Crystal Clear Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs, Clear Halo Projector Lens and Amber Reflector, 1 Pair. Technologically advanced CCFL Halo rings glow with 4X more intensity than traditional halo rings and last much longer.
Options: OPTIONAL HID: (NT-25369-5000K) - Diamond White HID Kit

When i read your install and you mention a ballast I thought yours was an HID install
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage

Yes I have the same lights and I don't believe this universal option was available back when I ordered and installed mine. Many of replacement lamps have been bought by members here and as far as I know you must be the first to choose to change out the standard bulbs, and go with the Universal H.I.D Xenon Light System Conversion Kit. Sorry for the confusion but I can not address your issues but if someone else here has installed this kit please reply to flyingdutchman.

Rick

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman View Post
I ordered the following: Crystal Clear with LEDs and Clear Projector (CCFL)
# THL-10472 - Dodge Nitro 2007-2009, Custom Crystal Clear Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs, Clear Halo Projector Lens and Amber Reflector, 1 Pair. Technologically advanced CCFL Halo rings glow with 4X more intensity than traditional halo rings and last much longer.
Options: OPTIONAL HID: (NT-25369-5000K) - Diamond White HID Kit

When i read your install and you mention a ballast I thought yours was an HID install
-FlyingDutchman
Have you installed the assembly with the HID's yet? I tried on mine and the pattern is very messed up and not uniform like I would expect.

I read elsewhere that being that the HID bulbs are longer than the halogen, they do not focus correctly. Does anyone know if it is possible to aim the projectors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in