Installing Dodge Nitro Projector Headlamps - Page 4 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clos2008 View Post
Yes Rick - I am close but no success---I prewired the halo projector headlamps to black to black wire on itself on the headlight socket, and prewired the red wire with disconnects. Ran one wire to power modules
My only "challenge" is to find Power ON when ignition- car is on. For some Daylight Running Light Effect. I have a 2008 Nitro SXT- I tried M11,M27 - Both have had a ALWAYS on effect-- I appreciate your knowledge and tutorials --
Not sure you just need to ground the ground wire to the frame from the exposed wires and power from the power module using a fuse tap. Would not attempt anything involving the headlamp sockets at all. They only allow regular headlamp functions and nothing to do with the "Halo Rings". Mine install was a more involved process with a wiring harness, headlamp sockets and even a marked off/on switch under the hook for the Dealership.

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
The M7 fuse can be changed around so the outlet is switched or unswitched with the ignition key. Look for it in the TIPM, under the hood.

See Cigarette Front Power Outlet

You shouldn't have an issue using this empty slot as your source or change it to power your Front Power Outlet full time and then use the fuse tap too.

Clos2008 Please keep in mind it has been over four years since I install my lights and I guess I can be wrong in my sugestions. First off have you installed the lights and do they work correctly and now you want to modify them to have DRLs?

Rick

post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-23-2015, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Clos2008

Sorry I could not be of more help. As I previously explained I modified my Nitro so the "Rings" are on as well as my Fog Lights anytime the vehicle (see picture) is running. I installed the special wiring harness as I have shown but modified it with new plugin headlamp sockets, ran differed power wires to each side with a inside hood push/pull, on/off fender, inside hood switch. I believe the harness had plugin sockets for the fog lamps, if not I installed new ones too.

I did not document this modification since I thought no one in their right mind would ever want to do this and even want to have all these light on at the same time, but me!

If your newly headlamps are now working correctly I suggest you might want to have your fog lamps (if factory installed) modified to serve as running lamps instead.

This modification would be much less time consuming since it looks as you have already spent a lot of time already w/o the results you desire.

You could add a replacement/new aftermarket fog lamp set complete with wiring (new lamp sockets) and not use their supplied switch but instead use the fuse tap for power. One example is shown HERE

I'm not sure what bulbs are included but you might want to check out the bulbs (if they will fit) that I'm using.

3000K Super Yellow 9145 H10 Halogen Fog Light Bulbs

(Set of 2) 42W Xenon Gas Halogen Xenon Bulbs
Color: 3000K Golden JDM Yellow
Bulb Size: H10 9145 9140 9045 9055
Work for fog lights/driving lights
This is an iJDMTOY® Trademark Brand product, exclusively available at iJDMTOY®

Again Good Luck on your modification and sorry that I could not be more helpful (or remember).

Rick

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-05-2017, 11:27 AM

Thank you! This is one mod I'm definitely going to be making

Chris

Model: 2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
Color: Bright Silver Metallic (PS2)
Modifications: None Yet
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Halo's

Quote:
Halo's
Hey i saw your post from a while ago about your halo install. i have my lights hooked up but didnt hook the halo's up yet. What did you hook the wires up to and how did you do it?
Thanks

If you go to Installing Daylight Running Lamps Link
where I installed DRL on my Wife's Ford Taurus I used a Bussmann ATM Fuse add-a-circuit # BP HHH-RP).

That would work on a Nitro too. It allows you to tap in to any fuse you find that has power when the engine is running only or all-the-time to power your parking lights. You will need a test lamp to find the right fuse to remove and install this fuse tap. Guess you already checked out Dodge Nitro Projector Headlamps & Repair too.

Projector “Plug and Play” headlamp assemblies for 2007-2010 Dodge Nitro (all models) This is a simple install.

However if you want to use the Halo's as DRLs you can use Bussmann ATM Fuse add-a-circuit # BP HHH-RP as a power source as I did HERE

Since I had the grille out I installed a special headlamp harness from Amazon to allow having my fog lamps and halo rings on as DRL when ever the engine is running. I even installed a push/pull switch under the hood when I take the vehicle in for service. Service Department hated that they could not turn off these lights!

iJDMTOY 9005 9006 H10 9145 HB3 HB4 HID Conversion Kit Relay Wire Harness Adapter Wiring Kit

Rick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in