Dodge Nitro Forum banner

My Nitro Now Has MEGA CHROME!!!

10K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  jas_Oz 
#1 ·
Ok so I finally got of my butt and got my Chrome tail Light Bezels and Chrome Fuel Door from Pentastar Parts today and i must say they look great!!

Big thanks to Pentastar Parts, as usual you have great stuff...i also picked up a nice camo Dodge Hat too..I just cant help myself!

So anyway, here is some pics of my Nitro now...let me know what you think!

See less See more
#4 ·
Missed these !!

I think the chrome bug deflector, chrome rear door pillar cap,chrome/stainless door molding caps,chrome license plate frame,chrome tail pipe extender and chrome 3' rear Rhino bar were overlooked and if you have the gonads for it (I do not ) the chrome ram's head hood ornament .Otherwise your there .
Roadie.

#11 ·
Fenrir.. I did a quick search and came up with some lengthy and confusing info regarding amber lights and legality's .First depending on where / by state,country or time of manufacture regulations vary greatly .So much so that it's to lengthy to get into without getting away from the subject here of max Chrome. But here goes a condensed version of what I read .Until 1960 most front turn signals emitted a white light and rear signals a red light. Amber turn signal lenses were voluntarily adopted by auto mfg. in the U.S. in 1963 although front turn signals were still permitted to emit a white light till act FMYSS108 took effect in 1968 model year. Red or amber rear turn signals are still permitted here in the U.S. but not so in many other places in the world. In U.S, studies done in early 1990's demonstrated " Amber lenses as turn signals are more discernible" Apart from what I found today I saw percentages of frontal left turn head on collisions reduced by as much as 18%. My conclusion from this tells me that in this case "Function over fashion is the safest Way to go " I do know that automobile laws vary greatly from state to state so I'm not about to make any blanket statements regarding what is legal where .I've lived in 7 different U.S. states and worked in inspection stations in Penna. and I do know this much. What some folks are driving around CA.,Fl. N.V.or N.Y won't pass inspection in Penna.or N.J.

Florida Roadie

#12 ·
In U.S, studies done in early 1990's demonstrated " Amber lenses as turn signals are more discernible" Apart from what I found today I saw percentages of frontal left turn head on collisions reduced by as much as 18%.
I stand corrected. Thanks. - I'll still get my lights asap though. As I said, I always assume the worst and try to stay away from other drivers as much as possible.

I've lived in 7 different U.S. states and worked in inspection stations in Penna. and I do know this much. What some folks are driving around CA.,Fl. N.V.or N.Y won't pass inspection in Penna.or N.J.

Florida Roadie
Thats for sure! Some of the cars I see on the roads here in Minn I could swear are held together by ducttape and gum!

#14 ·
07...Yes I agree that you can get away with many mods but at what risk. I've had blue lights in my grille,straight pipes directly off the headers,cat eye tail lights and smoke screen /flame thrower echo cans and right now I'm using off road lights on my Nitro (Illegal) But they were many moons ago when all you needed to avoid was the heat. Today is a different world. Modify any portion of the mandated safety requirements and you may well void a portion of ,if not all ,your insurance coverage. Imagine having an accident and your insurance adjuster tells you "Tough luck Buddy the repair bill of $ 10,000.00 is not covered " YIKES !!
Florida Roadie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.