Pretty Cool Idea!!!! Works Great!!! - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Smile Pretty Cool Idea!!!! Works Great!!!

Hello, How Are All Of You Doing, Hope That This May Help Someone On Their Adventure With The Dodge Nitro......

My MOM Rides With Me Alot And Needs A Step To Get In The Nitro. I Had Been Using A Portable One Step And Definitely Got Tired Of Pulling It Out Of The Vehicle And Vice Versa. I Tried Some Nerf Bars But They Were Not Low Enough And Were In The Way For When SHE Gets Out. Called Amp Research And They Said That They Do Not Make The Door Opening Lowered Running Board For Suv's. Kodiak Has A One Step But Not For The Nitro. Came Up With Many Ideas But Only One Came Out Great, Easy To Install, Much Cheaper Than The Nerf Bars Or Running Boards And Only Needed One Side Done, The Front Passenger Side; Looks Great, No Problems Getting In Or Out, Looks One Of A Kind, Customized So To Speak, Can Be Added Wherever Necessary.........

Alright, What I Used Was A $59.00 Black Rv One Step And Had A Friend Weld Braces On It And Drilled A Couple Of Holes And We Got It To Fit Directly Underneath The Front Passenger Door. Did Not Weld On The Vehicle Frame, Only The Rv One Step. Drilled A Total Of 6 Holes In The Vehicle Frame And Installed 4 Pop Rivets That Have Internal Threads To Screw In The 4 Bolts To Hold Up The Rv Step And 2 Heavy Duty Self Tapping Screws To Also Support The Backside. The Hardest Part Was Drilling Thru The Vehicle Frame, Very Hard Forged Iron. Drilled Quarter Inch Holes Only.

When Needed, I Pull The Rv Step Out, My MOM Gets In And Then I Put The Rv Step Back In Its Slot. When SHE Gets Out, The Rv Step Is Out Of The Way. I Put On Some Corrosion Resistant Paint And Will Use Rubber Coating Around Some Areas.

This Rv Step Can Be Removed Easily From Your Vehicle Permanently If You Change Your Mind And Want Something Else, Because It Will Be Only Bolted On, Not Welded. Use Stainless Steel Pop Rivets Instead Of The Aluminum, For Extra Strength.

Good Luck To All From Mcnabb In Louisiana!!!!!!!!!!!

[

Last edited by MCNABB; 08-13-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 01:52 AM

Sounds like a great solution...
Only something is missing!

You know what I'm gonna say, right??

This thread is worthless without pics!!!!!

Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 03:01 AM

Cool mod! But what about pics? Gotta see 'em: no use just talking about it, gotta show it!

Fenrir.no

* 2007 Dodge Nitro R/T 4x4 4.0L * Inferno Red * 20" Mopar Wheels * All leather int. * Sunroof * 6-disc in-dash * Sirius * 6+1 Premium Infinity sound * Luxury int. appliques * Chrome front accent * Mopar chrome nerf * Chrome Nitro door sills * All around smoke wind def. * Tow pkg. * Dodge Ram hood ornament * Color matched hood/trunk lifts * Color matched front/rear premium splash guards *

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-05-2007, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Smile new to computer age

Hello, Thankyou For The Interest In Pictures Of My Blue Nitro. Not To Sound Behind Time But Actually I Am Because I Dont Currently Own A Digital Camera And I Would Have To Figure Out How To Download Them To The Computer Then This Website.

Will Purchase A Digital Camera And Get With Some Of My Friends About The Downloading Part And Try To Post The Pictures In A Short Time. Please Be Patient I Work Some Crazy Hours.

When Pictures Are Downloaded, I Will Put Up A New Thread Saying "the Pictures Are Finally In". Thanks Again To All.

Mcnabb In Louisiana.................

[
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-06-2007, 01:44 PM

Hey Mcnabb, we understand!
Here's a link to a thread a posted with a pic posting How-To

When you're ready, it would actually be better if you posted the pics in this thread so readers who have already subscribed in anticipation of seeing them will be automatically notified! Looking forward to it...

Linda...

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Smile Finally My Pictures!!!!!!!!!!11

[

Last edited by MCNABB; 08-09-2007 at 05:39 AM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2007, 12:36 PM

Wow MCNABB, you didn't waste any time! Great job on your project and your 1st time posting pics.

Hope to see more from you!

Linda...

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Smile More Pictures From Louisiana............

[

Last edited by MCNABB; 08-09-2007 at 05:45 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 05:47 AM Thread Starter

Smile More Pictures..............from Louisiana.....

[

Last edited by MCNABB; 08-09-2007 at 05:51 AM.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Smile One More Picture..........

OOPS, SORRY, SAME PICTURE AS BEFORE.....

[

Last edited by MCNABB; 08-09-2007 at 09:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in