Quality of Chrome Door Handles and Mirror Covers - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Quality of Chrome Door Handles and Mirror Covers

I am considering buying the chrome door handles, as well as the chrome mirror covers. I was looking to see how the quality of them is. If any of you have either of these products, I would appreciate your response to this thread. Also, how well do these products blend in with the vehicle. Do they look tacky? Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 05:43 PM

In my opinion there is a slight amount of takiness, but I still bought them. They're supposed to look like OEM chrome to match the vehicle- made of ABS (plastic). all in all, i'm happy with them in the past, present, and more than likey buy them in the future. don't forget the chrome side vents... hope this helps? u know what they say about opinions tho.
If you buy them and don't like them, resale them on ebay.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-29-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07nitr0 View Post
In my opinion there is a slight amount of takiness, but I still bought them. They're supposed to look like OEM chrome to match the vehicle- made of ABS (plastic). all in all, i'm happy with them in the past, present, and more than likey buy them in the future. don't forget the chrome side vents... hope this helps? u know what they say about opinions tho.
If you buy them and don't like them, resale them on ebay.
Thanks for your opinion. After looking at pics, it seems like the door handles look a bit more tacky than the mirror covers. I may go ahead and get the mirror covers, and see how they look. If they look really good, ill prob go ahead and get the door handles.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 06:44 PM

The truth is people will see the shiny door handles and not even see the quality.

I have a classic car that is a work in progress. The paint shines but isn't even close to perfect but I get more compliments from people that are blinded by the shine. I thank them and tell them that it has a 10 year old paint job and they can't believe it until I show them all of the flaws. The answer is always the same, " I would have never even noticed that if you didn't point it out."

If you can live with the "chrome" go for it. You are the only one that will notice any imperfections. I like the look, but I can't bring myself to stick on chrome. At least not yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Nitro R/T, Chrome Bug Deflector , In Channel Vent Guards, Stainless Bull Bar and Nerf Bars.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsallan View Post
The truth is people will see the shiny door handles and not even see the quality.

I have a classic car that is a work in progress. The paint shines but isn't even close to perfect but I get more compliments from people that are blinded by the shine. I thank them and tell them that it has a 10 year old paint job and they can't believe it until I show them all of the flaws. The answer is always the same, " I would have never even noticed that if you didn't point it out."

If you can live with the "chrome" go for it. You are the only one that will notice any imperfections. I like the look, but I can't bring myself to stick on chrome. At least not yet.
You make a good point. I personally do like chrome. It is fun to wash and polish up nice and shiny lol. Once I save up the $$$ I plan on getting a nice set of chrome wheels. But I figured I might as well start with the mirrors and handles.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 09:42 AM

Ebay

If you like the factory Chrome Clad R/T rims, you can get them for 1000-1300 on ebay with tires. It is a fairly cheap upgrade.

I know they would not be "special" or Unique but they would be chrome.

I try to do a big thing first when I start a mod because adding the little things later will just happen as I have time since they are relatively inexpensive. I find if I start with the cheaper stuff I never get to the expensive stuff.

Then again I am married with two kids, things come up.

Do it while your young.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Nitro R/T, Chrome Bug Deflector , In Channel Vent Guards, Stainless Bull Bar and Nerf Bars.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-06-2008, 05:10 AM

yep good quality on mine!

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 02:07 PM

I sell chrome accessories all day, and most people think that they are made of stainless steel. They're not they are chrome plated abs plastic but what i tell people to do is buy them and see how you like them and see how they hold up. I mean the door handles are only 48.95 so if they start to not look so good buy another set. But we hardly get complaints about chrome line.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 08:19 AM

Send a message via MSN to isakssonmartin
Hi where can i order the crom side air intakes ??
thankful for answers.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-03-2008, 02:08 PM

ebay dude ebay...a search on google will always help too

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in