Sylvania Silverstar Headlights!!!! - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-11-2007, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Sylvania Silverstar Headlights!!!!

Hello Again, Just Wanted To Let All Know That I Bought And Installed 2 Sylvania Silverstar Headlight Bulbs FOR My Nitro To Try And Make The Surroundings Brighter For When I Have To Drive Around My Home. So Far This Year I've Had At Least 8 Deer Of Various Sizes Run, Jump, Bolt, And Scare The You Know What Out Of Me!! The Last Time Is The One That Finally Convinced Me To Get Something Else Because If I Would Not Have Tried The "HOLY ____ Maneuver, I Would've Had A Permanent Hood ornament And Other Problems. The Good News Is I Didn't Have To Pay Too Much. I Remember That They Cost Below $45.00 For The Pair And It Took Me About 5 Minutes To Take Out The Old And Install The New. Installation Is Simple.

I Think That They Increase My Visibility On The Sides Of The Road About Maybe 15-20% More And The Overall Illumination Is Of Course Like A Silver Color And It Seems To Make Things Light Up More. Not Saying That The Deer Issue Has Gone Away, But It Is A Start TO Try And Make Sure That There Is No Bad Finish.

Good Luck To All!!!!!!

Mcnabb In Louisiana................

[

Last edited by MCNABB; 11-13-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

I tried to get some silverstars for my caliber, but nobody around me sells the stupid things, plus i heard that they can burn out rather quickly, have you used them in the past with success?

Oh, and of course, Ill ask for pics!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT | 1.8L 5-Speed
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 02:30 PM

Since deer is the deciding factor here...... you can get two small whistles that mount under your bumper & create a shrill noise (at +30 mph) that alerts deer that your coming. Normally I was shy away from any witchcraft like this, but we took a trip across Montana last summer & I swear we saw no less than 25 deer in less than one day....... in various stages of standing on the side of the road gawking at us, in the field by the freeway, or wiped across the pavement in a bloody mess. Not one time did they move after we saw them. It's like the noise sort of paralyzes them..... see, I told ya it's friggin witchcraft!

I got them at AutoZone for like $8. I've also seen them Wally World for less.

--
Bill
'07 Dodge Nitro SLT 4x4

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Cool Whistlers

"deer" Fellow Friends, I Appreciate Your Input. I Never Thought About The Deer Whistlers But I Will Purchase Some On My Next Tour Thru Wally World. I Did Not Take Pictures Of My Nitro With The Old Headlights But When I Have The Time I Will Post Some Of My Nitro With The New Sylvania Silverstars, H-13.

No, I Have Not Used Any In The Past But I Will Let Everyone KNOW How Long They Last On My Nitro.

Mcnabb In Louisiana...............

[

Last edited by MCNABB; 08-15-2007 at 11:25 PM.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNABB
"deer" Fellow Friends, I Appreciate Your Input. I Never Thought About The Deer Whistlers But I Will Purchase Some On My Next Tour Thru Wally World. I Did Not Take Pictures Of My Nitro With The Old Headlights But When I Have The Time I Will Post Some Of My Nitro With The New Sylvania Silverstars, H-13.

No, I Have Not Used Any In The Past But I Will Let Everyone No How Long They Last On My Nitro.

Mcnabb In Louisiana...............
Sounds good

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT | 1.8L 5-Speed
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Pictures, Go To "pretty Cool Idea"

If You Want To Look At Some Pictures Of My Blue Nitro Now, You Can Go To "pretty Cool Idea" Thread, The Rest I Will Post Later. Thanks Again...

Mcnabb In Louisiana.................

[
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Smile Much Brighter!!

The Sylvania Silverstar Headlights Are Alot Brighter Than The Original Ones. When Driving Down A Two Lane Road, At Night Of Course, I Am Able To See Objects Or Whatever Alot Better. The Ditches Are Seen More (trashy), Able To See Roadkill A Little Further Down The Road So That I Can Avoid The Mess, (no, I Don't Stop To Pick It Up Or Stop To Admire It). Can Tell A Difference In Color Of The Light, Went From Normal Incandescent To Of Course The "silver"..............

Mcnabb In Louisiana.............

[
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 05:04 AM
KAZ

Deer Crossing

Hello MCNABB, I like the idea of the brighter light, we have a similar problem with deer on the roadside bolting in front of us at 70 MPH. Not good! My only question is do the Sylvania Silverstars draw more current than the system is designed for? I'm not saying that it is an issue in our Nitros, but I understand that it has been in some vehicles. Regards
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Talking Not Really Sure...

Hello Kaz, Truthfully, I Have Not Checked My Voltage System To See If The Sylvania Silverstar Headlights Pull More Juice. I Would Assume That They Would Being That They Are Brighter. If You Decided To Get Some, Then Before You Change Them Out, Either You Or A Mechanic Can Do A Specific Electrical Check On The Incandescent Lights And Then Install The Silverstars And Compare. Sorry I Cannot Be Exact On The Information, Maybe Someone Else Can Help Out.

Mcnabb In Louisiana.............

[
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-20-2007, 09:58 PM

McNabb,

Are the lights a straight plug-in or is thee some conversion required ??

Fishdist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in