What I have done to my Nitro... - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

What I have done to my Nitro...

I have been busy lately so thought I would post up some of the modifications/changes I have done so far.

Close inspection revealed the following:
I found a Bluespark CR Tech Multimap (5 settings) Diesel Tuning Box fitted - happy days.
Checked the setting (B) and changed to D (more power and torque) - definitely feel the difference when I put my foot down.
I also noticed that the Side Lights (LED) and Headlight bulbs had been changed.

When I bought the Nitro I noticed that there were odd tyres on the front and that the rear tyres were getting low, so first job was to get some new tyres.
I went with a set of 255/50/20 Nexen Roadian HP 109V XL (C; B; 75db) from EARS Motorsport.
Went to change the tyres only to find that the lug nuts were so f**king tight that the original locking wheel nut extractor broke
So bought a set of Heyner Wheel Locking Nuts before returning to get the tyres done - all sorted now and nuts torqued up correctly.

Next job was the front brakes - I had a massive vibration one day (thought it was a puncture but the TPMS didn't kick in) and found that one of the front callipers was binding.
So I bought a Front Piston Brake Calliper Repair Kit.
I decided to get 2 kits and do both sides (if one has gone it wont be long before the other goes so best sort it out now).
At the same time I also decided to do the front discs and pads.
So replaced them with a set of Blueprint Front Discs and Delphi Brake Pads.

Next I decided to do some aesthetics:
  • Xenon White 8 SMD LED [Canbus Free] Number Plate Bulbs (Code: 501).
  • Chrome Indicator Bulbs (Code: 3157).
    Note: I had to shave off one side of the locating plastic lugs as they were opposite each other as opposed to the originals being offset.
    Note: I had to remove the airbox to get to one side
  • Chrome Side Indicator Bulbs (Code: 501a).
  • LED 6000K Fog Light Bulbs (Code: H10).
    When I inspected the fog lights I noticed that one of the lens was cracked (stone chip) - decided to buy a new set of Clear Front Fog Lights (awaiting arrival). So, when they arrive, I'll fit the fog light bulbs at the same time as the fog lights.
  • Chrome Licence/Number Plate Holders.
    (At the same time, I got my Personalised number plate transferred and fitted).
  • Chrome Taillight Surround/Guard.
  • Chrome Door Handle Covers.

When trying to clean and polish the roof I couldn't reach properly (despite being 6' 2").
So looked around and decided to go with a set of chunky 4.5" Stainless Steel Side Bars from Direct4x4.

Looking at the front of the Nitro, I didn't like the gapping hole at the bottom - I could visualise a stone piercing the rad.
So I have ordered a Chrome Billet Lower Grille - can't wait for this to arrive from the USA, looks like a really nice piece of kit.

Next up the interior...
I've purchased a complete LED Interior Light Kit.
I also got a set of deep tray mats - problem is that they are a universal type that you cut to fit - well there is no way, even with cutting them, that they will fit So they'll be sold and a new tailored set of rubber mats purchased.

Only picture I have atm:

Silver 2008 [58] Dodge Nitro 2.8 CRD SXT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by 58NITRO; 01-21-2015 at 03:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Yesterday I fitted some MOPAR Mud Flaps and today I gave it a good wash and clean.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thanks for the UPDATE and great pictures! I know you are not done yet so keep us informed on what is next. At one time I added up 22 modifications to mine but that number has now increased and I have lost count.

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 12:55 AM
Banned

Nice. I'm not really a fan of too much chromes but your Nitro looks good. May I know the cost of those Mopar mud flaps?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2015, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments.
I'll keep the post updated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisv3n View Post
May I know the cost of those Mopar mud flaps
Yes no problem...
I got them from the eBay seller Quirk Parts MOPAR PREMIUM FRONT & REAR MOLDED SPLASH GUARDS SET who provided an excellent service.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in