Is your Ride Pimped to the Max ? - Dodge Nitro Forum
Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications Discuss interior / exterior modifications, customizations, etc. here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-05-2007, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Is your Ride Pimped to the Max ?

When is enough ,enough ? I have 17 mods or accessories and just realized I missed one. Invisa-gard head light protection. Let's hear from everyone about what makes your Nitro different from the evry day ride .

Last edited by Florida Roadie; 11-06-2007 at 05:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 08:24 AM

This is a very good question. I have seen Nitro's or any car for that matter than could be considered over the top. As pictured below, I have a few meager upgrades / options installed that can be observed. The ones that cannot are just little things that Dodge should have done. Like sound deadener in the doors / cargo area, gas shocks on the hood instead of the prop rod, video connector on the dvd player so that a screen can be hooked up. On the outside as listed in my signature and a pair of stainless nerf bars that I have yet to install. I also plan on putting the stainless fuel door but I have yet to buy that.

Since the Nitro R/T already comes with many of the upgrades that I would have done this was a real easy vehicle to mod.

What are you upgrades / mods?

Allan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Nitro R/T, Chrome Bug Deflector , In Channel Vent Guards, Stainless Bull Bar and Nerf Bars.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Goood Lookin Machine ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsallan
This is a very good question. I have seen Nitro's or any car for that matter than could be considered over the top. As pictured below, I have a few meager upgrades / options installed that can be observed. The ones that cannot are just little things that Dodge should have done. Like sound deadener in the doors / cargo area, gas shocks on the hood instead of the prop rod, video connector on the dvd player so that a screen can be hooked up. On the outside as listed in my signature and a pair of stainless nerf bars that I have yet to install. I also plan on putting the stainless fuel door but I have yet to buy that.

Since the Nitro R/T already comes with many of the upgrades that I would have done this was a real easy vehicle to mod.

What are you upgrades / mods?

Allan
Very Nice Allan. I really like the gas shocks for the Hood Idea. I haven't noticed any need for sound deadener in my Nitro. Of course I'm coming from A Honda Element and they ,although a good vehicle ,suffer from road and tire noise .I did add sound control to that piece along with Michelin oversize tires. Your Nitro is bad looking machine "Fer Shur". I'd love to post a picture of my Nitro but I can't seem to get it together on this site. Our Administrator ,Linda sent me instructions on the method used to post pix but I spent 3 frustrating hours last night just to find out that I'm mentally challenged .I did the photobucket routine but with zero success . Maybe another time and place ,we shall see.

My mods and upgrades ? Exterior upgrades as follows ,Westin Bull Bar with skid plate in chrome ,Westin nerf Bars in chrome,Westin Rhino Bar in chrome,K.C long range lights mounted on the Bull Bar in chrome with chrome stone guards ,chrome/stainless door mouldings,Chrome mirror caps,Chrome door handles,Chrome Bug deflector,Chrome tail light cages,Chrome Dodge license plate frame ( under sized I had to trim the plate to fit ),Key operated chrome hitch pin,and Mopar wheel locks (Lug nuts ). Interior /exterior I have (had it done ) wired the factory fog lights ( and or ) the K.C. lights wired as day time running lights (DRL'S ) activated with the ignition on switch. This way I can chose any beam combination at night ,high,low or all three.
Interior I have tinted all side windows and rear with a total blackout .I know it's not legal but I've been getting away with it for years. I have also added eight additional tie down hooks strategically located to allow me to have two cargo nets. I tried to buy a decent cargo mat but had to return several that were pure junk. I found a 40/60 rubber backed carpet (in Black) at Wal-Mart for $14 .It fit perfectly between the newly added tie down hooks. It's thin enough to be folded so as to fit with either the rear seat uo or down. All this ,in my opinion,looks great on my 08 R/T ,4x4 Nitro in Sunburst Orange Pearl. Yesterday I completed the second coat of Teflon polish . Now even the Love Bugs can't hang on . My dealer gave me free mud guards(part of my deal ) but I haven't installed them yet.

Florida Roadie

Last edited by Florida Roadie; 11-10-2007 at 03:29 PM.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Just use the "Attach Files" option when you reply to a thread, then browse for te picture on your computer, but take in to consideration the size and type of the file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03554-2-small.jpg (36.6 KB, 133 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT | 1.8L 5-Speed
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Been there done that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL
Just use the "Attach Files" option when you reply to a thread, then browse for te picture on your computer, but take in to consideration the size and type of the file
UN ..Thanks for the helpful advice but I had already tried that approach. The result was that the images allowed were so small that even I ,who knows what the Nitro looks like ,couldn't really see anything worth seeing .So ,I deleted the reply and said "To Hell with it "

Roadie
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 AM

The easiest thing I have found to do, is go to photobucket (or wherever you choose to upload your pictures, I use picasaweb) and view the image you wish to attach. Right click on the image and select properties. This will open an information box that will have a line in it that says "picture location" or image depending on your OS. Highlight the location by double clicking on it then right click on the highlighted text and select copy. Then come back to this page and click the image tag in the reply window and right click in it and select paste then post. It works for me every time.

2007 Nitro R/T, Chrome Bug Deflector , In Channel Vent Guards, Stainless Bull Bar and Nerf Bars.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcsallan
The easiest thing I have found to do, is go to photobucket (or wherever you choose to upload your pictures, I use picasaweb) and view the image you wish to attach. Right click on the image and select properties. This will open an information box that will have a line in it that says "picture location" or image depending on your OS. Highlight the location by double clicking on it then right click on the highlighted text and select copy. Then come back to this page and click the image tag in the reply window and right click in it and select paste then post. It works for me every time.
Thanks Allan .I'll give it a shot. I did OK with photobucket but when it came to copy and paste ,somehow I continued losing it .
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Let's hope this works ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Roadie
Thanks Allan .I'll give it a shot. I did OK with photobucket but when it came to copy and paste ,somehow I continued losing it .
Another attempt. Roadie
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:42 PM

Way to go Roadie... Nice Nitro!!

Linda...

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

With a little help from my friends .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMEEE
Way to go Roadie... Nice Nitro!!
Thank You HEMEEE ...Without your help I'd still be doing thumb nails .

" It pays to have friends in high places .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Interior/Exterior Appearance & Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in