Dodge Nitro: AUDIO/VIDEO-SERVICE INFORMATION - Dodge Nitro Forum
Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion Discuss the Nitro A/V and navigation system here, along with other items such as custom installations, alarms, radar detectors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Help! After Market AMP instal & Firewall Access

Hi everbody

I just got a 07 Nitro, i want to instal my audio system, I have a few questions on this.

1 Where is the firewall access on the Nitro, so i can run my power wire, any descriptions or pictures will be great,

Thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 01:04 PM

There is only one plug that I have found. It is on the drivers side. If you look from under the dash you will see it to the right of the brake. It is about 2 1/2" in diameter. I pulled the plug out and drilled a hole in it then sealed it with silicone for mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Nitro R/T, Chrome Bug Deflector , In Channel Vent Guards, Stainless Bull Bar and Nerf Bars.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:47 PM

DVD deck installation

I have a DVD deck, an amplifier, and a sub woofer. I took my Nitro to Best Buy to set up an installation appointment. I was expecting to pay around $300, which includes the wiring kit. I was a little surprised that apparently I need a special wiring harness for Chrysler vehicles which costs $150. I asked what the purpose of this thing was and why I need it, and he tells me it's because if Chrysler needs to run a diagnostic check on my Nitro, and I don't have it, they won't be able to do it without this $150 harness. My question is do I really NEED this harness or will another one do?

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 05:56 AM

I've figured it out with some help. I do need the harness that Best Buy recommended. What I don't need is to pay $150! I ordered the part through Ebay for $84.00. The part number is CHTO-03. If you didn't opt for premium souind in your Nitro the part number is XSVI6652 I beleive.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Sirius, XM Say Existing Radios Are Merger-Proof

I've been wondering whether the satellite radios owned by current subscribers to XM and Sirius will work with all aspects of the combination service that would result from the proposed merger between the two companies.

Today brought official answers from both companies. XM stated, "existing radios would ultimately be able to receive a mix of programming from both services," while Sirius issued a "guarantee to its more than 12 million listeners that existing radios will not become obsolete if the merger is approved." When I asked a Sirius representative about this issue a few days ago, I received a similar response, which was helpful, but also didn't totally answer the question.

XM and Sirius plan to combine their channel line-ups to provide increased variety to their customers, but I don't think existing subscribers will actually get more channels, unless there's unused bandwidth on both services as things stand now. In order for the channel count to increase, XM satellites would have to be capable of reaching Sirius radios, and vice versa (which might be the case). Otherwise, they'd only be able to increase the number of channels by providing a different selection of channels on each set of satellites.

Part of XM's statement reads, "in the future, we will be able to offer the best of both companies' programming," indicating that subscribers with pre-merger radios would get something like their existing service with some percentage of them replaced by a selection from the other company's line-up.

While it's certainly true that giving subscribers access to the best of both services would represent an improvement over the existing services, it's possible that only subscribers with new radios would have access to the full channel line-up of the combined service. Alternatively, the only other option, the way I understand it, is that each service would have to lose about half its channels. I sent Sirius and XM links to this item, and will post an update if I hear more about this.

Article Link:Sirius, XM Say Existing Radios Are Merger-Proof | Listening Post from Wired.com

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-18-2010, 02:08 PM

Coins in CD Player

Ok, I was cleaning the back of nitro and let my 3-yr old sit in the front of the car. Then I see him stuffing coins into the cd player, I think there is at least one or two in there. The CD player works most of the time, but every now and then it jams up with a disc error message.

Is there an easy solutuion to pop out the CD player and get the coins out of my beloved Nitro with barely 3000 milles on it prior to putting my son on ebay and seeing what I can get for him?

Its an sxt model in the UK with the standard CD player.

PS, why no diesel option in N America????

Thanks
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

That definitely sucks!

See if you can locate the three letter sales code of your radio and find a new one on ebay for a decent price.

Bragging about your diesels you have over there ? Lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT | 1.8L 5-Speed
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
That definitely sucks!

See if you can locate the three letter sales code of your radio and find a new one on ebay for a decent price.

Bragging about your diesels you have over there ? Lol
Thanks for ther reply. Any idea where I can find a manual that guides me how to get the CD player out?

No not bragging, just curious. I can't understand why the nitros are made in N America with a diesel for export only but that option is not available for domestic sale in N America, there must be a logical explanation.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 12:01 PM

Strokedodger.
The love of the petrol engine is still going strong over here.
The Grand Cherokee has the Merc diesel option.

Last edited by jhnhopkins; 05-22-2010 at 12:04 PM.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnhopkins View Post
Strokedodger.
The love of the petrol engine is still going strong over here.
The Grand Cherokee has the Merc diesel option.
figured out the diesel issue, sulpher too high in diesel engine in Europe to meet California standards, can be done to lower it but apperently costs a bomb. Too bad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in