Dodge Nitro: AUDIO/VIDEO-SERVICE INFORMATION - Page 2 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion Discuss the Nitro A/V and navigation system here, along with other items such as custom installations, alarms, radar detectors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 04:18 AM

MyGIG REZ –*Spare VR Button?

Hi guys,

I had my REZ installed today and the guy who did it scratched one of the buttons... I'm sick of dealing with people who really don't care about the car or details. Is there anyway to get a new VR button? And can they click in and out easily? Or am I pretty much screwed here?

Thanks!
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
WOW Tom can't you get a break! Anyway did find this

Quote:
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep button/knob (1998+ oval style radio)
[CKB98up]

$12.50
Free Shipping in the Continental US via standard ground service

If you're in need of a knob or button for a Chrysler radio such as the one pictured, you've come to the right place. Simply include a note with your payment (in the comments section) that indicates which knob/button you need. This is for ONE knob or button. If you need three or more you can give us a call for a potential quantity discount.

Please indicate your 3-digit radio code below. It is found on the face of your radio. It is also helpful if you include the year, make and model of the vehicle, as well as the radio type (am/fm/cd, am/fm/cd/cass, etc) in the order comments. (This listing is not applicable for navigation radios.)

Please note that we can no longer get the original fade and balance knobs for the RBP, RBQ and RBU radios. If you order one of these knobs for one of those three radios, the one you receive will have a tiny white dot in the centered position instead of being all black. They are also a slightly different shape but they work perfectly and don't look out of place. However, since they are different you will want to order a quantity of two or it would look out of place.
Might be worth a call and $12.50 if they had it. Good Luck!

LINK: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep - Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep button/knob (1998+ oval style radio)

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post
WOW Tom can't you get a break! Anyway did find this

Might be worth a call and $12.50 if they had it. Good Luck!

LINK: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep - Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep button/knob (1998+ oval style radio)
Yea getting a little disheartened with it all... No luck with that link but good try. The volume button on my REZ looks dodgy as it is rubber... In all the pics I've seen they are plastic with a metal rim. Has anyone ever seen the rubber volume control?

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 06:31 AM

What is the name of the company that actually manufacturers these?
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I would call the Company from the Link above. They are in the business and should know about everything on OEM car radios and repair/replacement parts.

Phone
877-479-1633
(Toll Free)

Rick

post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 06:14 PM

Sirius Issue

Since I have had my '07 Nitro I've noticed that almost every time I go under an overpass the Sirius would go out 1-2 seconds after clearing it. I mentioned this to the dealer with no luck. I just assumed this was a downfall of satellite radio. My fiancee recently bought an '11 Highlander and his XM never goes out. Can someone please shed some light on this hopefully?
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ake612 View Post
Since I have had my '07 Nitro I've noticed that almost every time I go under an overpass the Sirius would go out 1-2 seconds after clearing it. I mentioned this to the dealer with no luck. I just assumed this was a downfall of satellite radio. My fiancee recently bought an '11 Highlander and his XM never goes out. Can someone please shed some light on this hopefully?
I believe it is just improved technology. You are comparing 2007 to 2011. My Wife's 2010 Ford Taurus Limited doesn't fade as to the same places my 2007 Nitro does. She doesn't understand it either. Maybe a better antenna system? For me it's no big deal and if you would want to try another antenna, you must drop the headliner on the Nitro to access the mount. Don't know that there has been any updating to the newer year Nitros, but that could be a solution, if there has been. Sorry

Rick

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 AM

My 11 Nitro does this, as did my 06 Commander. You have to understand how the receiver works. You are not listening to a "live" signal, but a signal with a slight delay. That is why you continue to hear sound when you are under the obstruction, depending on how big it is, and then the signal is gone for a second or two after you pass the obstruction. This dead time is the time it takes to reload the signal. This may be a trait with only the receivers built for Mopar. The receiver for my Jeep was a separate unit, mounted under the rear passenger seat. The receiver for the Nitro is built into the radio. I believe Chrysler changed this model year 08, at least with the Commander. The receivers may be made by the same company, but I'm not sure on this point either. Hope this helps.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Thank you guys for all your help. I will look into it some more and see how I want to proceed. Thanks again!
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-18-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake612 View Post
Thank you guys for all your help. I will look into it some more and see how I want to proceed. Thanks again!
If you decide on a different antenna, let us know how it works. Thanks.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in