Dodge Nitro: GPS antenna for MyGIG REW - Page 2 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion Discuss the Nitro A/V and navigation system here, along with other items such as custom installations, alarms, radar detectors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

The Paypal buyer-protection checked all evidence and decided that the seller is wrong and I get back the money. Thats the good part. The bad part is that I don't get back the shipping costs and I would have to pay for the return-shipping too.

I can't do that, cause the shipping and return-shipping costs are more than I paid for both MyGIGs. Paypal and UPS are on my side, but it doesn't help that if I'm sending this junk back, I will lose more money as if I keep it.

I guess the seller must have known that when he sold me the damaged devices.

Dodge Nitro R/T, 2.8 CRD, 2008
Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2011, 08:26 AM

At least UPS and paypal are on your side. I think that the seller should have to pay for the return shipping so that you can get your money back. Have you been able to get a unit for your car?

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 02:35 AM Thread Starter

Since a new MyGIG REW for 2008 Nitros is not available at my dealer (delivery time uncertain) I repared both MyGIG units with new harddrives, new knobs/buttons and the missing GPS antenna.

After having the ok from Becker (the company that builds the MyGIGs) my garage finally tried to install the MyGIG 2008 model. And guess what? The MyGIG askes for a 4-letter code, BUT the seller never gave this code to me.

Becker was really surprised about that, cause every MyGIG owner has this activation code. Only thieves don't have this code. It's used to reactivate MyGIGs after renewing the battery aso. So, where are my codes? No answer from the seller.

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 01-01-2012 at 11:00 AM.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadiseSeeker View Post
Since a new MyGIG for 2008 Nitros is not available at my dealer (delivery time about 3 months) I repared both MyGIG units with new harddrives, new buttons and the missing GPS antenna.

After having the ok from Becker (the company that builds the MyGIGs) my garage finally tried to install the MyGIG 2008 model. And guess what? The MyGIG askes for a 5-letter code, BUT the seller never gave this code to me.

Becker was really surprised about that, cause every MyGIG owner has this activation code. Only thieves don't have this code. It's used to reactivate MyGIGs after renewing the battery aso. So, where are my codes? No answer from the seller.
Report him back to ebay. They can black list him. Tell them you want your money and shipping costs back.

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

I didn't buy it at EBAY. I bought it with Paypal directly over his contact on nitrozforums

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
I didn't buy it at EBAY. I bought it with Paypal directly over his contact on nitrozforums
Can you put in a complaint to nitrozforums? They seem to be a legitimate site, but I do not know how much control it has over who sells stuff on the forum.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

I've posted the case including pictures there. No reaction from forum admins or owners yet.

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-31-2011, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I've posted the case including pictures there. No reaction from forum admins or owners yet.
Most sites have a disclaimer that they aren't responsible for transactions that occur on the site.

Having said that, its too bad that this happened to you!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT | 1.8L 5-Speed
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4GTBL View Post
Most sites have a disclaimer that they aren't responsible for transactions that occur on the site.

Having said that, its too bad that this happened to you!!!
That being said, at least the forum could acknowledge him in some way. He spent a lot of money trying to accomplish this. Three times I put items up for sale on that forum. People responded with interest, and then just disappeared. It is extremely rude not to let their intentions be known - if they decide against a purchase, say so and get on with life.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

It's a huge difference to the internet laws here in Europe. As owner of a site or forum I'm responsible for each word and transaction. Even if I stated other things on the privacy or disclaimer page. If someone is selling stolen products or products from dubious sources through my site, it would be up to me to clear things up and to contact the police. Or the buyer can sue me.

But of course, it was primary my fault. I wanted the MyGIG so badly, that I forgot to ask important questions. I thought handling the transaction via Paypal will help. But Paypal doesn't care if someone is selling stolen stuff at all. How could I know that I need an 4-letter activation code and that both MyGIGs had damaged knobs and harddrives? Buying electronic parts from private persons over internet is always a risk.

I had to pay a lot for my carelessness. With all the shipping, taxes, parts and repairs both units costed me about the price, that one brandnew MyGIG would have costed me. I guess that you always get what you pay for it. The prices for the MyGIGs REW I bought at nitro****** were too good to be true.

Jeep CJ7, 4.2L, 1985

Last edited by ParadiseSeeker; 01-08-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in