Dodge Nitro: Phone Pairing Instructions - Dodge Nitro Forum
Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion Discuss the Nitro A/V and navigation system here, along with other items such as custom installations, alarms, radar detectors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

how do i get my new phone to work with new car

i got the Nitro, love it btw, and it was time to upgrade my phone so i got the razor with bluetooth. I matched it with the earpeicebut now how do i match it with the phone so ican talk hands free? Totally confused but love my new TRUCK that can hold kids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Thumbs up pair the phone

You have to pair the phone (Only have to do this once). The U connect button will give you voice commands, you might have to tell your phone to search for bluetooth devices. Once they fine each other most phones are set on a password of of all zeros "0000" unles you changed it. Once they are paired when a call comes in you touch the u connect button to answer.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 AM

U-connect for pairing your phone

First, make sure you have the U-connect system. All of their radios come with the U-connect buttons but there's additional hardware that's needed for this to work.
Like the one post side press the U-connect button and follow the voice prompts but if you press the button and it says "Not Available" then you need to purchase the additional hardware. $165 to $249 depending on who and where you buy it from.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntOrange
First, make sure you have the U-connect system. All of their radios come with the U-connect buttons but there's additional hardware that's needed for this to work.
Like the one post side press the U-connect button and follow the voice prompts but if you press the button and it says "Not Available" then you need to purchase the additional hardware. $165 to $249 depending on who and where you buy it from.
Is this an easy install? I just got mine last night and they didn't have the U-connect on the one I wanted. Besides the different rear view mirror what else is needed?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 04:34 PM

can't seem to find this anywhere for sale except ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...spagenameZWDVW

where else could i get this?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-16-2007, 07:09 PM

If your radio has the U-connect button the part number is #82210083.

The description says it has a "control pad," but mine did not, just a wiring harness, a microphone and a U-connect module that attaches to the back of the radio. I have heard people talk about the microphone in the review mirror with auto dimming (My R/T came with the auto dimming mirror, but did not have a built in microphone). The dealer sold me the unit for $239.00 (List $299.00) and I paid about $180.00 for them to install it.

You have to run the microphone up to the inside left "A pillar" or some people have put it in the center near the map lights. If you can install radios you should be able to do it. I didn't want to mess with taking the dash apart.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:15 AM

thanks for the heads up. I ordered one the other day. I am just waiting for it to come in now.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 10:28 PM

you can not pair your earpiece and u connect at the same time it has to be one or the other
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 06:46 PM

thanks

thanks to this thread... i have the same problem... now i know how to solve it...
________
Vapor info

Last edited by rthrleo; 08-23-2011 at 11:49 AM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Dodge Nitro: Phone Pairing Instructions

Phone Pairing Instructions

Pairing your phone to UConnect consists of a few simple steps in the vehicle and on the phone.

UNIVERSAL PHONE PAIRING INSTRUCTIONS
In your vehicle
1. Press the UConnect button and follow the voice prompts.
2. Say "setup."
3. Say "phone pairing."
4. Say "pair a phone."
5. Say the 4-digit PIN number
6. Confirm the PIN number by saying "yes," to the prompt.
7. If asked, say a name for your device.
8. If asked, assign a priority level, 1 through 7, for your phone (priority one is the highest).
Continue pairing procedure on the phone (See your phone's owners manual for more details).
9. Power on your phone.
10. Go to the Settings, Connections or Bluetooth® menu.
11. Ensure that your phone's Bluetooth capability is powered on.
12. Select the option to add a new device.
13. Your phone will now search for a hands-free device.
14. UConnect should appear on the device list. Choose UConnect and select.
15. Enter the 4-digit PIN number from above. Press OK.
16. If required, enter or modify the desired NAME TAG (UConnect) in your phone.
17. If asked, say a name for your device.
18. If asked, assign a priority level, 1 through 7, for your phone (priority one is the highest).

Completing the Setup

19. When your phone is successfully paired with UConnect, your system will announce, "Pairing complete."
20. After the pairing is complete, and if required by your phone model, set Bluetooth security:

- Select UConnect in the Bluetooth menu on your phone
- Select properties to TRUSTED or AUTHORIZED

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in