Dodge Nitro Speaker Upgrade - Dodge Nitro Forum
Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion Discuss the Nitro A/V and navigation system here, along with other items such as custom installations, alarms, radar detectors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-19-2007, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Kicker/Mopar OEM Audio Upgrade

Kicker and Mopar have released OEM Upgrade 77KICK19 subwoofer enclosure.

77KICK19small.JPG

For more info see link below

w ww.****************/PHOTOPOST/member.php?uid=1263&protype=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old 04-22-2007, 04:39 PM

Re: Kicker/Mopar OEM Audio Upgrade

Wow those are some big woofers!
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 05:11 AM

sub size?

what size is the sub that comes in the nitro as standard? I am hoping to replace it with an alpine x type but not sure whether its 10 or 12 inches and if there is enough room. Does anyone know?

post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-06-2007, 05:10 PM

I beleive for the upgraded sound system, it come with either and 8 or 10, but im leaning toward a 10. If you have the stock system, there is no woofer.
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 12:13 PM

Look for mtx sub form enclosures, sometimes u can get a replacement stock sub box enclosure with a aftermarket box that will fit right into the size, and possibly upgrade to a ten or 12 depending on the depth of the sub..I got the slt package and i think it's a ten " in the side. I'd call yr local audio place, like say best buy or where ever, usually custom private shops are great for that stuff, could make u up one or even have pre made from companies like mtx to drop right in..I'll be putting in upgraded door mids and hopefully a single 12 or a very powerfull ten in the side..I have a ten kicking around here at my place..

Nothing but Chrome and some HP!!
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 10:06 PM

im pretty sure it is an 8"...this is what i have been told...but looking at it id say 10"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 06:56 AM

Yes, I'm pretty sure its an 8" too. I will check it out later on. I've got other ideas anyway.
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 07:01 AM

hmm..fill me in on these ideas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas_Oz
hmm..fill me in on these ideas
I like the boom, always have. And every vehicle I have gets them.

Anyway, I have a pair of 12" Kicker L7s that I'm putting in. I had them in my truck, rofl.

Just seeing how I can do it. I thought of replacing the whole system but this system sounds ok so far. But I don't know if I want to pull apart my truck/suv again, hehe. It's work no doubt, but my old truck was pretty nice.

I have this formula with 2 15 L7s in it. You should hear that, hehe, but that's beside the point.

I listen to everything for what it's worth but mostly country. We shall see soon, but those 2 12" L7s are going in for sure.
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 AM

nice....im also thinking of a 12" sub going somewhere

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in