Dodge Nitro Speaker Upgrade - Page 3 - Dodge Nitro Forum
Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion Discuss the Nitro A/V and navigation system here, along with other items such as custom installations, alarms, radar detectors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 55 (permalink) Old 02-29-2008, 12:27 PM

Wink which i-pod aux connector to buy?

Evening Gents,

new here- first post. Just ordered my new SXT in Black with chrome tubular side steps and alloy fuel door that looks like a fighter aircraft.. cant wait to pick it up on the 21st march.. the car is soooo sexy i'll be peeling wet thongs off my bonnet as i drive around town..ahhhhhhhhh

Anyways.. got an i-pod touch and wondered what is the best system to connect up to the stereo using the aux jack..? any recommendations?

thanks

David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

i duont know much about the ipod touch, but if it has a standard earphone jack you can purchase a 3/8 cord to plug the ipod right into the radio through the aux jack. you will have NO control of the ipod through the radio, you will only be able to change songs, scroll playlists, etc on the ipod itself. Mopar has an ipod kit, but im not sure if it is ipod touch compattable or not...as that will allow you to control the ipod by the radio, and only the radio.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Dodge Caliber SXT | 1.8L 5-Speed
post #23 of 55 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 AM

I have the ipod touch and I just use a standard mini jack to make it play through the speakers. You have to control the songs through the iPod itself though.

If you need a forum for the Touch, check out iPod Touch Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Congrats on your Nitro purchase!!

post #24 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:07 AM

Dodge Nitro Speaker Upgrade

Hi all, I fitted some very nice sounding speakers, amps and subs into my Nitro and all I can say is wow, it has made the factory system sound so much better, it really sounds crystal clear and no distrotion anywhere, what i did is a simple upgrade that anyone can do, its not a massive custom job, its off the shelf components and direct factory fittment.

Started with a Vibe Black Air Active Evo Prefab with built in amp

VIBE - CBR12 Twin Enclosure

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:08 AM

Ive added 6" Component Splits from Vibe Audio

Im telling you guys, If you want to make your car sound system sound awesome, get some VIBE Black Air 6" splits...you will be blown away!

Ok here is the door...stock as a rock

These are the replacement speakers:

The door trims simply slide up after u remove 3 screws....***I MUST INSIST, dont try to pull the door trim off ....it simply slides upwards towards the sky

post #26 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:08 AM

Original Speakers

Old Vs New

post #27 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 AM

OLD

NEW

Fitted

post #28 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 AM

Rear Doors

I just made some little mounting peices for the new splitts as they are smaller, took me all of 5 mins to make and install

post #29 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:10 AM

The final product, looks just like factory!!! without the crappy factory sound!

post #30 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
WOW! Great pictures and a lot of work! Thanks for sharing. Noticed that it appears your Nitro has three rear seat headrests, but US built Nitros only have two? Interesting. Again Thanks!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in