Dodge Nitro: UConnect issues - Dodge Nitro Forum
Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion Discuss the Nitro A/V and navigation system here, along with other items such as custom installations, alarms, radar detectors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 08:22 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Snake21j Send a message via Yahoo to Snake21j
Question MYGIG question.

I am currently working in the "sand box" towards the east, so I have yet to physically see a Nitro or drive one yet.

I have not made a decision yet if I want a loaded SLT or hold off a little longer for an R/T.

I must be missing something with the MYGIG option. If you have a “huge-normous” gig i-pod, and it will plugs into the stock radio, what is the benefit of having the MYGIG?

Is there additional features that I am missing?

If really need the UConnect feature can't you order that option separate?

Just curious. Want to be well informed before I come home and buy one.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 08:37 AM

Re: MYGIG question.

MyGIG has Navigation, a 6.5" screen and touch control, and a Hard drive. U-Connect can be ordered on its own and works through all of the factory Head Units. If you aren't into Navigation and a big screen, get the 6 disk with 8 speaker combo and U-Connect and plug in your iPod.
post #3 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-22-2006, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_93727
MyGIG has Navigation, a 6.5" screen and touch control, and a Hard drive. U-Connect can be ordered on its own and works through all of the factory Head Units. If you aren't into Navigation and a big screen, get the 6 disk with 8 speaker combo and U-Connect and plug in your iPod.
One thing to note with U Connect - The voice recognition feature is only available on the factory installed system, not the dealer installed.

post #4 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 04:00 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Snake21j Send a message via Yahoo to Snake21j

Thanks...guess it would be wiser to just have the factory options, that way I know all the toys will work together.

Jason

Remember...No matter where you go, there you are.
'02 Dodge Ram 1500
'05 Toyota Prius
'07 Shelby GT 500 (on order)
'07 R/T Nitro (as soon as the make the dang thing)
post #5 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-25-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOMAN
One thing to note with U Connect - The voice recognition feature is only available on the factory installed system, not the dealer installed.
What exactly are you referring to?
post #6 of 150 (permalink) Old 11-27-2006, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanstl
What exactly are you referring to?
Service Bulletin 08-048-06

On 2007 Sebring & Nitro vehicles, the voice recognition selection for the RES & REQ radios, will only work if the vehicle is equipped with the factory installed U Connect hands free feature (sales code RSP).
post #7 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 05:45 AM

DCX disabling Front Seat Video feature on MyGIG

Due to certain state regulations, a function for disabling the front seat video option for the MyGIG radios has been incorporated into the vehicle. This function will enable or disable the radios ability to play video in the front seat. If enabled, the radio will only play video when the vehicle is in Park (Automatic Transmission) or when the parking brake is set and vehicle speed is zero (Manual Transmission). If disabled the radio will NOT play video in the front seat in any operating mode.

Certain state laws mandate that the Front Seat Video feature, on vehicles so equipped, be disengaged prior to vehicle delivery.

Vehicles equipped with the Front Seat Video ‘My GIG’ feature (sales codes RER, REN, REU), and delivered to the following states, must have the Front Seat Video feature disengaged during the New Vehicle Prep process, using the StarSCAN tool:

Connecticut
Florida
Illinois
Kansas
Michigan
New Mexico
Nevada
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Tennessee
Texas
Maryland
Utah
Wyoming

For vehicles affected, the vehicle Navigation User Manual will contain a special insert providing the customer with specific details regarding this action.

NOTE: Some early release vehicles may be delivered without the special Navigation User Manual insert. For these vehicles it will be necessary to make a copy of the attached form 81-170-07055A and include it with the existing vehicle’s Navigation User Manual to ensure that the customer is aware of any legal requirements that may apply.

Source: WKJeeps.com
post #8 of 150 (permalink) Old 02-07-2007, 06:13 AM

Re: DCX disabling Front Seat Video feature on MyGIG

post deleted

Last edited by warriorbob; 02-07-2007 at 08:02 AM.
post #9 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 10:25 AM

MyGiG Review

the first few nitros built with the MyGig was accidentally shipped without the "navigation users manual" so i was flying kind of blind at first with how it all works but.........................
my friend at the plant sent me my "navigation owners manual" and i have been going through it (all 183 pages)

their are alot of neet features like you can set a destination and the system gives you a route......if you deviated from that route it recalculates and gives you a new route to your destination

you can also add a second destination to a route (like adding a gas station on the way) and it calculates to the gas station then to the destination

you have a home setting that will take you home from any place you are

they have POI point of interest selection of restaurants stores gas stations etc

you can set a destination by address, intersection, geo coorinates,poi, point on map etc

their is where am i now?, my trips, emergency info, guide me home, etc

also all of this can be used by voice commands you can even change the stations on the radio by voice commands

their is a jukebox section to add your favorite albums and access them quickly

also you can stor music and pics on the hard drive

you can imput addresses and phone numbers in the address book and either have the nav find a route to the address or use your U connect to call the person (either by typing in the info or by voice commands)

i am still learning and have to get more involved with things...........like the usb port and jack imput

the real time traffic is awsume it shows things on the screen and also you can go to a second menu TMC traffic and it displays traffic info telling you where the traffic is and info on if it is road work or traffic or such

this thing is awsume

Last edited by warriorbob; 03-05-2007 at 10:28 AM.
post #10 of 150 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 10:26 AM

Re: MyGiG Review

their is alot more that i am missing telling about
i just went out and programmed the clock, radio stations, and my home destination
still need to add different addresses to my address book
i did the voice recognition testing to set the system up to recognize my voice as the main voice
i even set the volume on the system voice that talks to you and gives you commands

i did alittle playing with the traffic info, but need to get more into it to learn more about it
but you have different setting as to if it tells you about all traffic within the map area or just on your route and it also gives you automatic or manual as to if their is a traffic problem if the nav systme automatically gives you a route around the problme or in manual it asks you if you want a route around it

i will work on loading some of my CD's into the hard drive and adding a couple pictures just to see how that works

unfortunately my phone is not bluetooth and i still have about 6 months until i can upgrade (without paying a rediculous amount to get a bluetooth phone)
i wish i could use the Uconnect but i will have to wait on that

i am learning more and more as i go along
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in