Factory Remote Start - Dodge Nitro Forum
Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion Discuss the Nitro A/V and navigation system here, along with other items such as custom installations, alarms, radar detectors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Factory Remote Start

I was reading the manual and it says the car would run for about 15 mins. Mine only runs, for some reason on the 1st remote start, between 3 to 5 mins then auto shut off. Anyone have an idea how to or if it can be adjusted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome RedNitro

Just to see where you saw 15 minutes I too have the same manual, and it says 15 minutes also.
My Nitro never has come close to run 15 minutes and it seems more like 5 minutes! When I asked a relation that worked at the Dealership where I special ordered mine, he said the time is not adjustable and I think he said something about 7 minutes. Anyway after checking mine out he said it was O.K.?

I will check the running time out on my Nitro and any more info, and report back.

Happy Holidays

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-22-2018, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Take the next step by upgrading your Dodge Nitro's existing Mopar Remote Start System to a Two-Way Remote Start System

This system will control the remote starting of your vehicle and provide you with both audible and visual feedback (via a 2-button remote transmitter) when your vehicle starts, while it is running and when it turns off
Kit includes one unique two-way DNA module, miniature fob with bi-color LED illumination and car find/panic mode alert tones
This is an upgrade to the Mopar Remote Starter System. It will not work alone. Requires Mopar Remote Starter System
Please Read Our Return Policy
Available for 2007 Dodge Nitro
Brand: Mopar
Covered by Mopar's 12 Month/12,000 Mile Parts and Accessories Warranty
(US Customers Only)

Chrysler Genuine 82209985AG Remote Start Update

$84.25

Rick

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaren View Post
Take the next step by upgrading your Dodge Nitro's existing Mopar Remote Start System to a Two-Way Remote Start System

This system will control the remote starting of your vehicle and provide you with both audible and visual feedback (via a 2-button remote transmitter) when your vehicle starts, while it is running and when it turns off
Kit includes one unique two-way DNA module, miniature fob with bi-color LED illumination and car find/panic mode alert tones
This is an upgrade to the Mopar Remote Starter System. It will not work alone. Requires Mopar Remote Starter System
Please Read Our Return Policy
Available for 2007 Dodge Nitro
Brand: Mopar
Covered by Mopar's 12 Month/12,000 Mile Parts and Accessories Warranty
(US Customers Only)

Chrysler Genuine 82209985AG Remote Start Update

$84.25
Thank you!!! I will pick this up!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I didn't know anything about this myself. It shows that Chrysler must have had a lot of complaints to offer this as a MOPAR Factory part # Upgrade. It has been discontinued but is still available from even from Amazon but at a higher price. Use the part number shown and search (I used Google) and you may even find a lower price than I did. Good Luck! Thanks for your message.

Rick

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Reading is fundamental! Once you hit the 'unlock button' you have 60 secs to put the key in before the car shuts off. That was my problem. I read that several times but, I clearly did not comprehend. Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro Discussion > Audio/ Video/ Navigation / Electronics Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in