Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Gday from Australia

7K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  ema 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, we just got the first shipment of nitros down here, I am considering a red SXT with luxury, I am 99% sure I will be getting one soon...I currently own a 2003 Calais (you guys have the GTO Pontiac) with a 5.7L LS1 motor, so i will notice the power difference but i sorta want to get back into an allrounder type car...no doubt ill be on ebay USA getting some stuff that we cant get for them here....lol

Ill go the 3.7L V6, i wish they bought a supercharged V6 or a V8 model out, id buy that for sure.

The RRP is 45K AUD for the model I want.

What are yall thoughts on them now?? still comfy?? reliable and are all you current owners still loving your cars??

Ill be hanging around

#4 ·
well what a ****e arvo it was!!!

I get into the dealership, the idiots screwed the finance up...so 3 hours later its sorted and i am outta there...then 10 km down the road the tyre blows out......on the m2 motorway..so here I am stuck on the m2....the stupid jack wont lift the nitro high enough to change th tyre, so the m2 emergency resonse crew turn up and using their jack they help me change the tyre...so i am back on the road with a spare and pull into the good year tyre center and they tell me the tyre has blown from the inside out....and they can plug it up..so they plug it and change the spare back to the original tyre..man i am supposed to be happy picking up a new car..but today i am so pissed off....

When i ordered the car i said to throw in a jacket for me...so i turn up today and no jacket..the sales manager in a very rude voice tells me i have no hope ih a jacket and tough luck..so i tell him i wnt pick up the car..i will gfo to another dealer..they end up giving me a cap...bvut the sales manager is an absolute d head,,..

Never buy a car from dodge in chatswood.

go the Penrith branch..much better people!!! speak to Joe!!!

Here is a pic of my car in the show room;

here is the pick in the tire shop...the car is about 30 mins old

#5 ·
Congrats on your Nitro, in spite of all your problems... :D
Hope you'll have nothing but fun with it from now on!

p.s. Where in Australia are you? I spent a year in Townsville, QL as an exchange student!

#7 ·
Yup, that's way south... Beautiful country though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.