Greetings from the Middle East - Dodge Nitro Forum
New Member Introductions If you are a new member, please stop in here to introduce yourself, tell us about your ride, or ask questions about how to use the forum. If you have questions about the Nitro, please post them in the appropriate category

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Smile Greetings from the Middle East

Hi...I'm an English Teacher and I have lived in the Middle East for the past few years. I bought a Dodge Nitro 2 years ago. Most of my driving is city-driving but occasionally I want to drive and camp in the desert so I choose the Nitro for this reason.

But the Nitro is not living up to all my expectations for off-road driving for two reasons.
(1) The front grill is so low that the clearance is vastly reduced. It's OK for the city but doesn't help when off-road.
(2) I've gotten stuck a few times before. Once I was at the top of a sand dune but on pretty firm sand (not that soft), I got stuck. Even in 4WD mode, all wheels wouldn't move at all but were not stuck in sand. Perhaps the automatic transmission or slip differential was confused. I sometimes wonder if the old-model Pathfinder would have been a better deal.

Thanks. David

Last edited by baedaebok; 03-11-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome and thanks for your Post! What is a Nito 2? Any pictures? Here in the US we really don't consider a Nitro 4X4 an off-road vehicle for the same reason you note. However a 4X4 Nitro here are great to drive in the snow, but not sand.

Let us know more about your vehicle and how you came to buy it and have it serviced. Enjoy and Good Luck with the sand!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-11-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

I meant that I bought a Nitro in 2008 which was 2 years ago. Since we don't have much snow in the Middle East, I'll have to consider my trade-in options. I wonder if I could trade it in for something else. What would a Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep showroom trade-in for the Nitro? In my city here, the place where I bought Nitro sells Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep. Are they all made by the same company?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > New User Introductions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in