I got a Nitro for Christmas!! - Dodge Nitro Forum
New Member Introductions If you are a new member, please stop in here to introduce yourself, tell us about your ride, or ask questions about how to use the forum. If you have questions about the Nitro, please post them in the appropriate category

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Talking I got a Nitro for Christmas!!

Hey there!

Don't want to brag, but my husband has got to be the greatest guy ever!
I love my new Nitro!

The short version, for those of you who want just the facts:

Electric Blue SLT 4X4 with the "F" Package", gray running boards, and the stereo with AM/FM DVD/MP3 6-disk changer. Remote Start and Alarm System will be installed next week.

Picked it up from the dealer on Thursday night. It was one of 8 total on the lot, one of only 2 SLT 4X4s, and the only one in Electric Blue (dealer says it's the only one in the NE Ohio area right now). We got it for $400 over invoice, and they were so easy to work with. It was a terrific experience

Nothing on the lot (or in the State, according to the inventory lists) had the perfect configuration, but we couldn't wait, seeing as how a Jeep doing 20mph totalled my little yellow Neon R/T on Monday last.

I will post pics as soon as we finish all of our holiday travel.

We've put about 300 miles on it, and so far so good. He usually drives a Durango, and he's almost as excited about it as I am. I've never driven an SUV (except for the occasional trek in the Durango), and I was nervous about it. The Nitro is helping me get over it, though. Turning radius is tight, it handles like a dream, and it's got plenty of power under the hood. I'm falling in love with Nitro!

I do have some questions. Can any of you help me out here?

I'm trying to figure out if the existing stereo is Sirius ready. Anyone have any idea? I don't see the logo, but I read on one of the sites that it is. We have a portable unit, but I'd rather it be integrated. Also, any word on whether U-Connect can be added by the dealer? My dash has all the little buttons for it, but it's not installed.

Ok, so I guess that wasn't very short after all, but I'm just over the moon about this...car?...truck?....little blue bombshell?

Merry merry merry Christmas, everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 11:00 AM

Re: I got a Nitro for Christmas!!

Congradulations! You will love the Nitro.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2006, 07:05 PM

Way to go Marry Christmas I can't wait for mine to arrive!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-27-2006, 12:45 PM

Congratulations! I can't make up my mind because I'd be giving up my Mustang convertible. I like the Sunset Orange ones a lot. Good luck!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 02:20 PM

Wow, thats an awesome christmas present, I think I like it in red best myself. I can't wait to get behind the wheel of one. I really want to try out the mygig too. It would stink to give up a mustang for it but I think I would - the nitro is amazing.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 06:44 PM

Sounds like a great ride.....but I think I can safely say, we need pics!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 06:35 AM

I have the SLT model "F" as well and mine came with 12 months of Sirius installed for free and the UCONNECT installed. It sounds to me like you need to talk to the dealership about it. The Sirius radio and UCONNECT are awesome. I love having the audio buttons on the steering wheel too. It's like having a trigger to pull!

Good luck with the new Nitro!

Cliff
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 11:21 PM

congrats and enjoy your Nitro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > New User Introductions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in