my first new car! - Dodge Nitro Forum
New Member Introductions If you are a new member, please stop in here to introduce yourself, tell us about your ride, or ask questions about how to use the forum. If you have questions about the Nitro, please post them in the appropriate category

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

my first new car!

I got my electric blue nitro dec. 29 and I love it!!!! I do have a few questions... Dose anyone have problems with the tire pressure light or tire pressure? Also dose your nitro pull slightly to the right? Other than that issue I love this car!!! Is there any north Dallas nitro meets or clubs!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrospects View Post
I got my electric blue nitro dec. 29 and I love it!!!! I do have a few questions... Dose anyone have problems with the tire pressure light or tire pressure? Also dose your nitro pull slightly to the right? Other than that issue I love this car!!! Is there any north Dallas nitro meets or clubs!!
Hey welcome to the forum! I have had the tire pressure monitor screw up one time. I was driving in the summer and all of a sudden it said I had 13 psi in my driver rear tire. Then it went back to normal. I don't notice any pull with the Nitro. You might want to get your alignment checked.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 03:35 PM

If your having a pull this early, I would run back to the dealer and have them look at it.

You should not have to pay for an alignment after only a couple of weeks.

The TPS sensors are very sensitive to cold. The tire pressure will drop when it gets cold but I have found that the sensors read a couple of extra pounds light until they warm up a bit.

I push the pressure up a bit during the winter months since they aren't going to expand as much. I run 35-38 in the winter and around 33 or so in the summer. I see no difference in the ride and it gives me a bit longer before it bleeds down to the 30 pound level that you start getting warnings.

Good luck with your new ride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Nitro R/T, Chrome Bug Deflector , In Channel Vent Guards, Stainless Bull Bar and Nerf Bars.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 05:47 PM

Welcome!
Hope you get your issues cleared up quickly... post pics when you can.

Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

thanks all, yeah I just have the signal that shows if pressure is low. So I don't know what tire or how much . Yeah when I go back to the dealership to get my plates tomorrow I am going to set up an apointment to get it checked out. I can't wait to deck this thing out!!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 09:48 PM

Talking Ours too !

I also bought my wife her very first new car about 6 months ago by researching all the crossovers and suv's. She decided on the Nitro R/T with a sunroof and is smiling every day. The only concern I have may be bitter/sweet and wonder why you don't see many Nitro's on the steet or interstate. That's both good and maybe bad. Good, because she own's a vehicle that gets a lot of notice, honks, and waves. Could be bad because maybe others see something we didn't. We're going with good and how can a person lose with "Lifetime Warranty" ? In 6 months and 4400 miles, we've had absolutely no issues other than the dealership messing it up a bit. They applied surplus tire shine prior to delivery and after getting home, we had spots thrown all over the lower body . Wasn't a body shop in town that could remove the spots as the tire shine stained the paint. The dealership stood behind their prep-shop error and re-painted the bottom from front to rear. It probably wouldn't have been noticed if the color wasn't white, so take notice....don't use tire shine !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > New User Introductions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in