Nervous newbie to the forum. - Dodge Nitro Forum
New Member Introductions If you are a new member, please stop in here to introduce yourself, tell us about your ride, or ask questions about how to use the forum. If you have questions about the Nitro, please post them in the appropriate category

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Post Nervous newbie to the forum.

Hello,

Just bought a used 2007 SLT 4x4. So far I like it, a lot. Starting to have issues (leaking trannyfluid in the line, cd player acting wonky, the overfill gas tank issues, for starters). My search for info brought me to this forum. Hope it will help to point me in the right direction for help/answers. Not to be negative, but honest, I'm feeling some regret with my purchase.

~L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Welcome and hope we can be of help here! Good Luck with your issues may be all small and simple ones, I hope!

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM

Location: I LIVE NEAR THE SEA A PLACE CALLED RHYL IN WALES U.K
Hi there I have a 2007 nitro diesel just about getting used to it after a week, I like the vehicle I think the clutch is hard to push down but apart from that little niggle I do like it, everything is working well, I am getting around 33mpg the only thing I feel when I am in slow moving traffic doing say 26mph it seems as a judder comes so I have to gas it up for a second or two I dont know wheather it could be the injectors, but on tick over its fine, I am glad to be a part of the team thank you all.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luveeyore View Post
Hello,

Just bought a used 2007 SLT 4x4. So far I like it, a lot. Starting to have issues (leaking trannyfluid in the line, cd player acting wonky, the overfill gas tank issues, for starters). My search for info brought me to this forum. Hope it will help to point me in the right direction for help/answers. Not to be negative, but honest, I'm feeling some regret with my purchase.

~L
Welcome to the forum. There is a recall on the 2007 and 2008 Nitros concerning the fuel spitting issue. Chrysler will install a new gas tank for free! Ask your dealer about this. It is a fairly new recall.

How many miles are on your Nitro? Where is the tranny leak, and can you give us more detail concerning the radio?

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton9243 View Post
Hi there I have a 2007 nitro diesel just about getting used to it after a week, I like the vehicle I think the clutch is hard to push down but apart from that little niggle I do like it, everything is working well, I am getting around 33mpg the only thing I feel when I am in slow moving traffic doing say 26mph it seems as a judder comes so I have to gas it up for a second or two I dont know wheather it could be the injectors, but on tick over its fine, I am glad to be a part of the team thank you all.
Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Do you have the CRD?

2011 Nitro Heat 4x4: Bright Silver Metallic, Dark Slate Gray; Customer Preferred Package 24C; Trailer Tow Group; Hood-to-Fender Stripes; Navus 2; Uconnect.
MODS: Sunroof; S/S Nerf Bars; Mopar CAI, Pedal Kit, Chrome Rear License Plate Brow, Chrome Exterior Package, Production Style Cross Bars, Deluxe Molded Splash Guards, Cargo Security Cover, Door Sills & 3.7L Emblem; Media Center 430; Kicker Speakers, Sub and Amps; Carbon Fiber Dash Kits; Heated Katzkin Leather.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2013, 03:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to stanletmontena Send a message via Skype™ to stanletmontena
Well hi and welcome. Did you have the car checked by a mechanic before purchasing it, also test drive it yourself. Because that is a must do if you are purchasing a good car!

Last edited by stanletmontena; 07-06-2013 at 05:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > New User Introductions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in