New Black R/T - Dodge Nitro Forum
New Member Introductions If you are a new member, please stop in here to introduce yourself, tell us about your ride, or ask questions about how to use the forum. If you have questions about the Nitro, please post them in the appropriate category

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2007, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

New Black R/T

Just got a new R/T a couple of weeks ago. Looks and drives great, very impressed with the navigation, mygig, satellite radio and other things. I was pretty disappointed when I figured out the wheels have plastic chrome covers. Guess I should have calmed down at the dealership and paid a little more attention.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 01:11 AM

Welcome Jrob and congrats!
Don't worry about the wheels too much, most people won't be able to tell and you may catch the 'modding' bug and change them later anyway. My 300C had chrome-clad wheels too and they held up quite well.

Enjoy it!

Linda...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 300C SRT8- 06 Z51 Vette- 48 Chev 5-window- 55 Chev Nomad
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Congratulations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob
Just got a new R/T a couple of weeks ago. Looks and drives great, very impressed with the navigation, mygig, satellite radio and other things. I was pretty disappointed when I figured out the wheels have plastic chrome covers.
Congratulations on your purchase. I have an R/T and am thoroughly pleased with it. The wheels are not an issue for me. I have had my Nitro since February 5, and the wheels are beautiful and easy to clean.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 12:25 PM

just got mine last night.. wanted a black rt, but didn't want the payments of one. LOl
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

My concern with the wheels was more of a durability issue than looks. I like the look I just hope they maintian their appearance. The Nitro is an awesome vehicle, very impressed so far. Congrats to Franknbeans as well.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 PM

I should have paid more attention too.

I bought the black SLT a month ago right before my kid was born and I never paid attention before but I had him rear faced in his car seat and once I got to my destination about 45mins away...I went to take him out his seat and he was drenched in sweat. I'm not sure about the R/T but there are no a/c vents in the rear of the suv. I think, that should be a must in any suv and I didn't pay attention to that at the dealership bc I was fascinated with everything else.

Lady Nitro
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 08:32 AM

what you can do is get a nice small fan and use the rear 110ac power outlet to cool down your little babby.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > New User Introductions > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in