"300 My Son Steven" - Halftime in America - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
"300 My Son Steven" - Halftime in America

Mar 30, 2012

Not all of us grew up with everything we wanted. That's why it's important to take risks, as scary as they might be sometimes. Dream big, set your own course and shoot for the stars and the world will hear the roar of our engines.

We didn't grow up fancy. I worked long hours and I didn't see Steven much. But, Wednesday nights his mom let him stay up and watch me play cards with the boys. He'd sit on my lap and I'd teach him the game.

And for the last thirty years he's shown me that those evenings, that time, he was watching. When he started his own firm, people thought he took a gamble, but it isn't that way when you know what you are doing.

I don't always agree with him, but he's making the game follow him. And that makes him his father's son.

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
March 30, 2012

Chrysler to extend 'Halftime in America' ad campaign

Halftime isn't over for Chrysler, despite the political flak it took for its Super Bowl commercial with Clint Eastwood.

The company said today that it has decided to turn the "It's Halftime in America" commercial that ran during the Super Bowl in February into a series of commercials for its four brands -- Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram.

According to the company, each ad has its own theme and dives deeper into the essence of each brand.

The commercials will begin airing tonight on national television.

"As you watch, you will see familiar scenes from the Super Bowl spot that weave their way in each of these commercials, all of which were scripted and filmed at the same time," Olivier François, Chrysler's chief marketing officer, said in a blog on Chrysler's media site.

Eastwood, however, is not among those faces. The people in the commercials are also actors, but Chrysler said the commercials are inspired by true stories.

Each spot was created by Chrysler and its Portland, Ore.-based advertising agency, Wieden+Kennedy.

In February, Republican politicians and conservative pundits criticized Chrysler and Eastwood for a message that they thought endorsed President Barack Obama and the federal government's rescue of the automotive industry.

"I thought that the Republicans' reaction to this was -- was unnecessary and out of place," Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said in a "60 Minutes" segment last Sunday.

Last May, Chrysler repaid all loans made to it by the Obama administration six years before required. The only U.S. aid Chrysler has not repaid is what it received from the Bush administration.

The four new commercials tell stories about people overcoming life's obstacles.

Separately, Ram released a teaser photo of a chrome grille on its Facebook page in advance of the New York International Auto Show. Every day through next Wednesday, Ram plans to reveal a new photo on its site under the title "A Giant Awaits."

SOURCE

Rick

Nitro Year: 2007 (1 of 91,815 sold in 07)
Nitro Model: R/T 4X4 Stone White
CAT-BACK Exhaust, CAI, Projector Head Lamps
Fully-Equipped w/all factory options
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in