Walter P. Chrysler Museum Has the Right Gifts for Auto Enthusiasts This Holiday Season
December 5, 2011 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Delight the auto enthusiast on your shopping list this holiday season with a great gift from the Walter P. Chrysler Museum Gift Shop. Choose from a wide assortment of exclusive and hard-to-find collectibles and souvenirs highlighting the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, HEMI®, Ram, Mopar®, Plymouth and Viper brands. The shop also features merchandise emblazoned with retro logos of several of the automaker's iconic vehicles of yesteryear.
Deck the halls with a limited edition hand painted 2011 Jeep Commemorative Ornament showcasing the 1973 Jeep CJ-5 from the Museum's collection near a festively adorned tree ($22). Pick up last year's hand painted 1948 Chrysler Town & Country Ornament ($18), the first in the keepsake series, and save!
For those who proudly wear their automotive passion, the Museum carries:
* many t-shirts, including the popular Imported from Detroit style for men and women in light and dark grey ($30);
* an array of logo sweatshirts, hoodies and collared shirts for children and adults, along with onesies for the youngest enthusiasts ($10.95 and up);
* adjustable logo caps ($12 - $20); and
* auto-inspired lapel pins, watches, earrings, key chains and other jewelry (starting at $4.50).
For those who like to spruce up their surroundings, the Museum Gift Shop has:
* a selection of wall clocks, including Mopar or No Car and Jeep styles ($27.95);
* replica 426 HEMI engines in the form of a night light ($10.95) and table lamp ($80.95) as well as a Dodge Service Revolving Wall Light ($199.50);
* a host of parking signs ($9.95 and up);
* tire-shaped drink coasters ($19.95 complete with holder); and
* assorted coffee mugs, hot and cold beverage travel tumblers and other glassware, along with Jeep sippy cups for tykes ($7.95 and up).
A die-cast model is a welcome gift for any enthusiast and the Museum has many to choose from, most featuring opening doors, hoods, trunks and other moveable parts. The models -- ranging in scale and price ($10.95 - $180) -- include:
* 1:18 scale 1966 Dodge Charger 383;
* 1:18 and 1:24 scale Dukes of Hazzard (The General Lee);
* 1:18 scale 1970 Plymouth Road Runner L/E and 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T;
* 1:18 scale 1965 Plymouth Altered Wheel Base (Golden Commandos); and
* 1:24 scale Jeep Wrangler.
The Walter P. Chrysler Museum Gift Shop carries a wide selection of books for well-read enthusiasts that includes:
* Chrysler Heritage: A Photographic History by Michael W.R. Davis, following the fortunes of the company, its founders and its products for over a century;
* Detroit Area Test Tracks by Michael W.R. Davis, going behind the scenes at test tracks to show how the facilities evolved and what took place inside these proving grounds;
* Cruisin' the Original Woodward Avenue by Anthony Ambrogio, exploring the 1960s muscle car era and the world's number one cruising destination;
* The Dodge Brothers by Charles K. Hyde, looking at the men, the motor cars and the legacy;
* Chrysler's Turbine Car by Steve Lehto, chronicling the rise and fall of the Chrysler Turbine; and
* We Were the Ramchargers by Dave Rockwell, following the legendary engineering-driven hot rod club.
The Museum also stocks toys for budding auto enthusiasts including Dodge Viper SRT-10 and Dodge Lil' Red Wagon model kits, a variety of puzzles and games, stocking stuffers and more. There are also a numer of train-inspired toys to coincide with the model trains displayed throughout the Museum's annual Cars, Trees & Traditions holiday exhibition, which runs through Dec. 30.
The Museum Gift Shop is located on the main level of the Walter P. Chrysler Museum in Auburn Hills, Mich. The Museum is accessible from I-75 at exit 78 (Chrysler Dr.) within the Chrysler Group LLC headquarters complex.
The gift shop is open during regular Museum hours -- 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Tuesdays - Saturdays and noon - 5 p.m. on Sundays. The Museum is closed on Mondays.
The shop also accepts orders by phone at 248-944-0434 or fax at 248-944-0460. Visit Walter P. Chrysler Museum
to view a selection of merchandise and to download an order form.
The Walter P. Chrysler Museum accepts checks, American Express, Discover, MasterCard and VISA. Shipping charges and local sales tax, where applicable, are added to all orders.