Complaints... - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to FINCH Send a message via Yahoo to FINCH
Exclamation Complaints...

I read the forums and have to chuckle. People complain about the lamest things.

The exaust sounds like a diesel:
Wow, i aways thought of it to be a low sounding rumble, and rumble means power.

The thing stalls on occasion: I agree, a huge safety issue! Mine even did it twice. It is a fix that needs to be addressed ASAP. But, it is a totally new vehicle! It will have bugs! That is what repair shops/warranty is for. NOTHING goes without needing fixin sometimes.

MyGig not in yet!!: I didn't get it, and i would have liked to. But you knew it would not be in when you bought the thing, and if the dealer lied to you as to when the it is gonna be in, then that is between you and the dealer! IT WILL NOT AFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF THE VEHICLE! It is a perk!

No dipstick: Ummm unless you are leaking then the fluid is fine. AND it is under warranty so who cares. I myself have never ever needed to add tranny fluid to a vehicle, other than my 68 Nova SS. Go figure.

Panels are warping?: Like afformentioned, things will need to be de-bugged. Not everything is gonna be uber perfect. Maybe the glue, or plastic is defective. Who knows, hence the warranty. New car! New model! BUGS!

Most of you people just feel the need to "nit-pick" every little detail! NOONE WILL EVER BE 100 PERCENT HAPPY WITH THE VEHICLE THEY BUY!! I mean everything from them hitting the defrost button too much and asking them to move it 2 inches to the left because noone is built like you. Just be more careful. The only thing i see of immediate concern or something you should really be mad about is the stalling. I am too.

I LOVE my NITRO. So does the wife. I was going to take it in the mud and take some pics but got a showstorm and will have to next time i am home. I will let you know. As for the people seriously bashing the NITRO, of you that hate it that bad why the F are you on the forums? You don't even have one!

I am a long haul truck driver. I see over 125000 miles a year. I drive a 07 Freightliner Columbia. Like any vehicle, it has it's pros and cons. The doors leak air on windy days and the interior is noisy. But i can live with it because it rides nice, good power and fuel mileage, and i can turn this baby around on a dime.

As a total fluke, as i type this i am watching Motoring 2007.They just did a review on the Nitro. What are the chances. They gave it a great review, and the only complaint was a sliding rear window. Once again, big deal. Lift the gate you lazy bum!

For damnsakes, stop whining about trivial things guys/gals. Leave more positive feedback and tell people how much ya like yer new ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 04:04 PM

Re: Complaints...

Thank GOD !!!!, I am new to this forum and just got my Nitro last week. I got on here and all I read is Wha Wha this and Wha Wha that, Christ if I were that unhappy i would take it Back. I can't say to much, I have only had it for 5 day's, But thus far I Love it !!, I expect that buying a brand new model first year out there is going to be some bugs, it is to be expected with any car maker, ( Go read about the $30 + Toyota FJ) SO like he says you have a warranty for a reason. Drive, Enjoy, Stop whining !!!
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:27 PM

I have a complaint , the boss will hardly let me drive it. She says it's hers , I say I bought it, says makes no diff.. How do I get that fixed under the warranty.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 03:50 PM

I think the only way to repair that is to referr to the Scott Peterson Handbook.
Does she like Fishing ?

J/K
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 09:09 PM

We always go fishing together, Don't think I could do that.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 07:13 PM

Thank you Finch!!
I agree 100%! I stopped coming to this forum in particular because of the generally pissy attitude found on it. I found another forum that has some pissing & others who are enjoying their new ride, modding it, and just generally NOT whining all the time.

Over 4000 miles now. It's getting +20 mpg on the highway, 17 mpg in the city, and 14 mpg towing...... about an 80% improvement over my Dakota.
The only issues I've had are a bad passenger side door lock, a scratched sunroof, and a loose connector in the airbag system..... ALL of which the dealer took care of!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NITRO4.JPG (37.7 KB, 18 views)

--
Bill
'07 Dodge Nitro SLT 4x4

Last edited by AirJunky; 04-04-2007 at 07:17 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJunky
...I found another forum that has some pissing & others who are enjoying their new ride, modding it, and just generally NOT whining all the time...
Unfortunately, that site is poorly laid out, large multiple ads cluttered everywhere which is beyond annoying.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 10:29 AM

I agree the layout here needs to be expanded & then it would be a real good site or at least competitive with others for traffic. It does seem the complaint thread would be the busiest though. Newbies complaining & the crossover guys defending. Oh well life in the fast lane.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 01:29 PM

I have same problem as danpfay99, the wife thinks it's hers even though I bought it, pay for her insurance etc etc. I've had a few minor problems sorted out and I really enjoy driving it. Kids love it, neighbors love it, guys at work love it in fact most people who see it comment on how they like it.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResumeSpeed
Unfortunately, that site is poorly laid out, large multiple ads cluttered everywhere which is beyond annoying.
ResumeSpeed. I read your comment on the 'other forum' about the ads and such. Appreciate your comments, the ads used to annoy me too. However, there are those of us that visit both sites. If you visit there often enough, you will quickly see that 10 times the number of posts are placed there than on this site. Most of us simply ignore the ads, even though when you are there long enough you can remove them. (I have yet to remove them)

Not knocking this site, but the photo gallery doesn't even work. For people wanting to join a site, learn about a new vehicle and see mods others have made to their vehicles, photos are very important. Some of the ads you hate are actually what some 'newbies' are looking for. Not everone is going to fall in love with every forum out there.

That other site has many advantages. Namely, genuine Chrysler Techs that are willing to help anyone on the site with a problem. Second, aftermarket suppliers like Kicker audio and High Horse Performance exhaust that have worked with members to provide parts and accesories for the Nitro. The site is cheerful and friendly and comments by everyone are generally appreciated, even yours!

Tim, o.k.a. HighVoltageNITRO

Last edited by MyBluNITRO; 04-07-2007 at 09:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in