I Drove it Yesterday...Dodge Dealer Pre-Launch - Dodge Nitro Forum
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News Find out the latest scoop here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

I Drove it Yesterday...Dodge Dealer Pre-Launch

This thing is awesome!...Just so you know, I am a member on some other boards and I occasionally will offer up info when I have time. I'm also, not here (or on other boards) to sell you any cars. If you are local to me here, feel free to come and see me but I am in this to provide info (accurate info) from the dealership level when I can. That being said, this thing is fantastic.

It looks good, drives really nice, handles great and has tons of space and will easily be a huge starting place to customize for anyone on a budget who wants a tuff looking ride.

ask me and I will try to answer as quickly as possible and provide accurate info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 07:16 PM

Re: I Drove it Yesterday...Dodge Dealer Pre-Launch

I am jealous, can't wait to see it!! DH thinks it will be too small. How does it compare to the Liberty size wise? I read its about 10" longer than the liberty but inside space is it noticeably bigger? I need to do some convincing here. He's hard to convince, he wants a minivan. *gag* I am driving one now and don't want another one!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

In my opinion, it's much roomier than Liberty. It Looks way cooler too. The seats are more comfortable and there is more storage space. It's wider inside also. It is not a Jeep though...no ground clearance to speak of for off road use.

The Nitro platform is the same platform that they will build the next generation Liberty on but that is a ways off yet.

For me here at the dealership, Nitro is something very refreshing and the price will make it an affordable SUV type vehicle.

Simon Scott
Langley Chrysler
604-617-7751

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 08:19 PM

Cool! thanks for the info. I don't need an off road kind of vehicle just one that can handle my gravel roads and snow here in Alberta. In other words a 4x4. Do they pick certain dealerships for a pre-launch or how does that work?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 08:25 PM

Also how is the size comparable to the Durango? Is it much smaller? sorry I have a ton of questions.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:04 AM

Hi Simon,

Was it a SXT or SLT? What color? How was the paint job?

How does it compare in size to the Ford Escape?

I have lots of other questions, but don't want to bombard you.

Thanks
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

We actually drove Escape, Exterra for comparison vehicles and we drove SLT and RT. There were several colors and they all looked pretty good!

They have (what seems like) way more room than both Nissan and Excape and being the newest, simply appear light years ahead in design and layout inside. The Nitro is way smoother than both also. Even the Exterra with more horsepower didn't seem any more powerfull, but sure was a stiffer ride.

Simon Scott
Langley Chrysler
604-617-7751
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:38 AM

Wow, I didn't think they would even have an RT at the event, which would be my most likely choice.

I have a 2001 Ford Escape right now that seems so out of date, both in looks and in technology/safety, even though it was considered a groundbreaker and leader in the small-ute category at the time.

How was the R/T on 20" wheels? I know those wheels look super sharp, but I am hoping the penalty won't be a really stiff or bumpy ride. Was it a 4X4?

Thanks again for sharing your experiences with us.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-15-2006, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

It's marginally bumpier, but not a deal breaker. If you're coming from an escape you may not notice at all.

Simon Scott
Langley Chrysler
604-617-7751
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-16-2006, 05:22 AM

Simon:

Do you know any dealers that know the in and outs of exporting a Nitro from Canada or the US to Switzerland. I think the Nitro would be a great car over here. As far as I know they (Chrysler) plan to bring it to Europe (as they did for the Caliber) but I guess this will not happen in the near future.

Best Regards,
Roland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Nitro Forum > Dodge Nitro News & Polls > Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Nitro Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in